Turn on thread page Beta

Your Favourite "Prince and Pauper" foods! watch

ReputationRep:
    I WAS SO GONNA TYPE HOMMOUS TOO.. OH YEA BI TAHENA ;P AND TABOULI SALAD... <3 and with a layer of felafel on a wholemeal pitta :sogood: with salad.... speaking of hommous I better finish off my 4th tub of the week.

ReputationRep:
    the French Vanilla coffee from Waitrose I would always pay extra for, delicious!

ReputationRep:
    Love this thread!
    Prince -

Yum, so worth it.

Millies cookies..muffins. Oh so good. That and krispey kremes.

Pauper-

Loved these as a kid.

Got hooked at uni..they were like 12p or something crazy a pack, ff sandwiches ftw.

Yum.

ReputationRep:
    Pauper food: tesco custard donuts, 1.1kg bacon for a fiver, turkey burgers, supernoodles, sardines and instant mash.
    Prince food: tropicana orange and mango juice (that stuff's expensive 2 pound for a litre of the stuff when I can get gallon of normal orange juice for the same price in iceland), gammon, chicago town stuffed crust pizza. Oh yeah and the holy grail of prince foods are http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1t:429,r:4,s:0

ReputationRep:
    Pauper: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...33&tx=84&ty=57

I could eat porridge all day- breakfast, lunch and dinner and it works out ridiculously cheap as well!

Prince: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...0&tx=106&ty=97
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=53&ty=83

Crusty bread and brie! It's just the nicest thing ever.

Obviously, carbohydrates are my favourite food group.

ReputationRep:
    Pauper foods: Cheesy balls :teehee: , value biscuits, pasta in sauce (asda's own)

Prince foods: Lamb fillet, vanilla, pralines/cupcakes from independent sweet shops/bakeries (this doesn't happen often but when it does... :coma:), good bouillon as my vegetable stock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Do you ALWAYS buy these? Your wallet must be bulging espada!
    not "buy" per se, more like go to a restaurant once a week that happens to serve one of the "prince" foods, the rest of the time i thrive on pasta pesto and cereal....everyday....just for that one moment of foodgasm during the weekends

ReputationRep:
    Pauper:
    or any supermarket value brand chocolate

10 for only 60p?! Yes please

Prince:

:coma: :coma:

Whilst searching for the pictures, I came across this: wtf Sainsburys do their own truffles for a much lower price?! :eek: How have I not seen this?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ooo'Yeah)
    Whilst searching for the pictures, I came across this: wtf Sainsburys do their own truffles for a much lower price?! :eek: How have I not seen this?!
    They don't do the same ranges in every shop, which really upsets me. Sainsburys at home has loads more basics stuff than the one at uni, which doesn't make sense - you'd have though a uni town store would have more basics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    They don't do the same ranges in every shop, which really upsets me. Sainsburys at home has loads more basics stuff than the one at uni, which doesn't make sense - you'd have though a uni town store would have more basics!
    That really sucks I wonder if they taste the same or similar to the Lindt ones. If they do, I'd so stock up on them!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought of another prince one.

:heart: so expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RexyB)
    Prince: Pork shu mai

Pauper: Cerelac (which is technically baby food)

Where can you buy the Cerelac?

ReputationRep:
    Another Prince and Pauper:

PRINCE:

The problem is, I buy it in cans, and have no idea why I prefer it as such. Thankfully a local freezer shop has started selling loose cans at 4 for £1, bargainous, but otherwise, a pocket-raper.

PAUPER

16 of these things are 80p in Tesco, and this is a better brand; I will often plump for the "oh god, it's even more economy - how is that even possible?!" branded ones too!

ReputationRep:
    ah, there's a pauper food that I really can't remember the name of for the life of me! I used to get them all the time from ASDA, prawn or scampi bites or something..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    ah, there's a pauper food that I really can't remember the name of for the life of me! I used to get them all the time from ASDA, prawn or scampi bites or something..
    They weren't Birds Eye Scampers were they? They were shaped to look like scampi but were actually more like formed fish and potato, like mini fishcake curls?

Like the filling you used to get in these:

(Birds Eye Fishies)

ReputationRep:
    The filling was EXACTLY like that! Yes! I haven't seen them for so long though, but they were so good..especially with cheap as chips spaghetti alphabet letters. Paupers dish!

ReputationRep:
    All within a student budget (which varies across the term haha)

My ultimate Pauper's dinner

My ultimate Prince's dinner

Vietnamese pho (beef noodle soup) or just a good beef noodle stir fry with lots of chilli, lime, sliced sirloin steak, noodles, beansprouts, tender-stem broccoli etc etc

ReputationRep:
    PAUPER: OSPREY TUNA

3-pack of these tins of tuna for a quid. It's "minced tuna flakes", and clearly not the best of meat, but hell, it tastes fine to me, and I'm common as muck! Bring it on!

PRINCE:

IRN BRU

I gladly pay extra for the glass bottles. It makes no sense but glass bottle Irn Bru tastes 100x better.

ReputationRep:
    Prince:
    Lobster - it's like £10 for one Ben & Jerry's and any decent brand of mature cheddar.

Pauper: 'Eastman's cinema style popcorn' from Tesco's, like 88p for a massive bag, for the same amount of popcorn you'd end up paying £3-4+ in a cinema for the exact same taste. It's amazing, nomnomnom!

ReputationRep:
    Prince:

Pauper:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.