Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the most moving picture youve ever seen watch

ReputationRep:
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...4859049530.jpg

it's not really one photo, but it's the only thing that's coming to my mind at the moment of something that had me in tears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    What a load of rubbish.

Monks do not use violence in any way, so this is their form of protest, burning themselves. It is horrific but the self control they demonstrate... it's enough to bring tears to your eyes what makes them do such a thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A...4%90%E1%BB%A9c
    So I read, anyway.
    :rolleyes:

Again, as I said, it was just what I read. Usually, reading only one source (and it not being far-fetched enough to seem "wrong", leads to one accepting it.

So I'm sorry my knowledge on Buddhism is less in-depth then yours, but still, as its the only source I've read, I took it for what could be true.

Thank you for clarifying it, though. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    :rolleyes:

Again, as I said, it was just what I read. Usually, reading only one source (and it not being far-fetched enough to seem "wrong", leads to one accepting it.

So I'm sorry my knowledge on Buddhism is less in-depth then yours, but still, as its the only source I've read, I took it for what could be true.

Thank you for clarifying it, though. :cool:
    Yeah fair enough, but what you said was so wrong it needed clarifying. Opinions based on things you have no idea about aren't really helpful, I'm sure you would agree

ReputationRep:

I cried when I first saw this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    Yeah fair enough, but what you said was so wrong it needed clarifying. Opinions based on things you have no idea about aren't really helpful, I'm sure you would agree
    True, but the original question was essentially "why?" - I thought I knew, (even though I know very little about Buddhism, as we both now agree), and it was wrong according to two other sources.

Still, my point was we usually accept what we read on a topic we know little about; for example, you would accpet a fact I could tell you about biking.

Still, no harm done. Cleared up and gone.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1596&bih=987

Any picture of animal abuse affects me a million times more than of humans.

Edit: Neg? Pff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)

Or this:

That second picture of the girl hangs in my RMPS classroom,I've been staring at it all year when I drift off during a lesson(not too often,just when the teacher goes off on an unrelated tangent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinamon)

=[ This was so sad, poor dog!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    True, but the original question was essentially "why?" - I thought I knew, (even though I know very little about Buddhism, as we both now agree), and it was wrong according to two other sources.

Still, my point was we usually accept what we read on a topic we know little about; for example, you would accpet a fact I could tell you about biking.

Still, no harm done. Cleared up and gone.
    Yeah you're right, I mean I know little about Buddhism too but after someone told me about this I checked it up and it's pretty shocking stuff.

ReputationRep:

That's horrible

Also, may I ask you why it affects you more? I can totally understand having the same feelings about pics like this as humans being abused, but why would a pic of the same thing happening to a human affect you less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    Or this one

What the hell!?

You should have spoilered that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    What the hell!?

You should have spoilered that.
    hmm...why? If the pic on the OP is not spoilered, why should mine be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpthroughtime)
    http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...4859049530.jpg

it's not really one photo, but it's the only thing that's coming to my mind at the moment of something that had me in tears
    Aaaw. Gave me shivers.

ReputationRep:
    A video? :getmecoat:

I dunno tbh, probably one of a guy in Vietnam with a gun to his head thats just about to go off. Shows how fragile life is really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    That's horrible

Also, may I ask you why it affects you more? I can totally understand having the same feelings about pics like this as humans being abused, but why would a pic of the same thing happening to a human affect you less?
    Because animal abuse is mainly done by sick twisted humans who actually enjoy torturing others, and most pictures of humans being abused is also because of humans.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In recent years, this:

That's the one which springs to mind the most at the moment, although there are others out there.

ReputationRep:

Me too.
    I can't bring myself to look at the image.
    What is it of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexisonfire)
    Didn't know Sauron had moved into a city.

ReputationRep:

All of the same man. I cannot imagine a more horrible experience.

(The cage in the 4th photo was found, complete with other torture implents in a empty, blood stained house by US soldiers during the Second Battle of Fallujah, a month later.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    A video? :getmecoat:

I dunno tbh, probably one of a guy in Vietnam with a gun to his head thats just about to go off. Shows how fragile life is really.

This one?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.