Turn on thread page Beta

I have an older sister and am of course very happy about that and love her.
    But I am wondering if there are anyone else out there (or on TSR, I know there are out there) who knows how to cope with sisterly jealousy. My sister and have I have both been fortunate in terms of looks, but I can't help but feel insecure. She has some obvious advantages, such as her big boobs, which I, in terms of men's attention, don't feel like I can compete with. I have other assets, like long legs, but breasts are so obvious, she puts them in a cleavage and bam! - all the attention in the room goes that way.
    She is also more photogenic than I am, and I know that a lot of guys like to drool over facebook photos. I am worried that guys I like which I am friends with sees her profile and thinks either "should have gone with the other sister!" or "threesome?". I know this is paranoia, but I need to find a way to calm down. I know it's all "when a guy falls for you, he falls for you", but I know you check out other girls. I am fine with that in general, but it's different with family. I've spoken to guys before who's made a move, and if I am hesitant or turn them down, they go "is your sister single?". I have had a lot of competition with her during childhood, and that part still stays. We can get along great, but sometimes she is very lecturing and puts me down, and I just want to "free myself" from her. Anyone feel the same

ReputationRep:
    Legs > boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic, we'll make you feel better

ReputationRep:
    I have like 7 sisters, so i've seen things like this happen all of the time. I think my sisters all know that they are different and just have to learn to accept that, some are smarter, some are prettier, some neither, whatever you're jealous about, just remember that everyone who likes you likes you for you; and not because of your sister.

And in all honesty, my sister, who everyone thinks is drop dead gorgeous, is a bit of a b*tch :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpenTheFloodGates)
    I have like 7 sisters, so i've seen things like this happen all of the time. I think my sisters all know that they are different and just have to learn to accept that, some are smarter, some are prettier, some neither, whatever you're jealous about, just remember that everyone who likes you likes you for you; and not because of your sister.

And in all honesty, my sister, who everyone thinks is drop dead gorgeous, is a bit of a b*tch :P
    You have 7 sisters? That must cause choas, I have enough trouble with the one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have had a lot of competition with her during childhood, and that part still stays. We can get along great, but sometimes she is very lecturing and puts me down, and I just want to "free myself" from her. Anyone feel the same
    blah blah, big boob envy? You wont be envious when they start to sag or she tells you all of the problems it causes her. Dickwads tend to home in on big boobed girls and charm their way into her life but she is too ignorant to notice the real reason.

Anyway, take pics of your arse and compare. If god didn't bestow you with great boobs, he probably made up for it with good legs and a great arse.

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Legs > boobs.
    Good legs may mean a good bum but bum>legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    You have 7 sisters? That must cause choas, I have enough trouble with the one...
    It really does, and being the only guy.... At least it's funny to see the battle for the straighteners when they're all round XD

I do have a better bum then her actually.

But body is one thing, she has got a pretty face too. We look a bit different, but she has a great smile. I don't know, I suppose there are guys who can think I am prettier, but I just can't imagine they won't like her too, she's got kind of a universal-pretty-smile.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a boob job she can't grow. u win

ReputationRep:
    There are always going to be people more attractive than you. If you spend your life comparing yourself to other people you're in for a hard time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.