Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was just wondering how much revision per weeknight you guys are doing for GCSE's?
    I've got on my revision timetable to do 1 1/2 hours a night but I'm really lacking motivation and only manage doing one 1/2 hour session or two 1/2 hour sessions.
    Any tips for motivation?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I do revision at lunch in the library most days and an hour each day when I get home!

ReputationRep:
    to motivate u just think that if u fail u cant go to uni and you will not get a job, you will end up on the street with no family no home....and no bed

ReputationRep:
    They're only GCSEs.. They are fairly easy to pass..

ReputationRep:
    I started revising about two weeks before the exams I believe, I came out with pretty much all B's and couple of A's i'm pretty hapy with my results.

ReputationRep:
    I passed all my GCSEs and I would say do an hour every night apart from weekends, then the last 3 weeks before your exams step it up to 3 nights one hour each, 2 nights 2 hours each
    I think I was doing 11 hours extra a week at one point, because I did 4 hours worth on sundays too as well as 3 nights one hour and 2 nights 2 hours. Honestly, it's worth it. You wanna pass right?

ReputationRep:
    I revised for each exam the day before. The success of my tactic is reflected by my grades. Now imagine if I started revising a week before my exams.

Think:
    Every second you live on this earth, time goes by. "Tick tock, Tick tock"
    Think every second you waste on this earth, will give you a interminable life of working 9-5.
    God gave you this life to make full use of it.
    NOW THINK
    Every second you use wisely and get good grades life will become better.
    Think when you get that university offer to Oxford or wherever you want to go.
    Think when you get that amazing job earning 100k a year.
    Think when you beat everyone you know at grades.
    Think when you leave you quiet town, to leave for University, to be a new person, to be a successful person, to be a completed person.
    I hope I've actuated you.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't even started revising properly yet because of coursework! god,i cannot wait to see the back of it- such a pain!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone
    By the way I would like mostly A's
    I think I'm going to do 3 subjects per night each 20 minutes long

ReputationRep:
    Coursework just getting in the way, god I hate art. I will slap myself ( lightly in the arm ) If I don't start by Easter :s I'm not one to get an A without working harder then regular A achievers :P From Easter I'm revising all day everyday, of course with a lot of appropriate breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone rolls like that.
    Tbh, starting around about in easter on your GCSEs is enough to get A/Bs, depending on what you're taking that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meerkaatt)
    I passed all my GCSEs and I would say do an hour every night apart from weekends, then the last 3 weeks before your exams step it up to 3 nights one hour each, 2 nights 2 hours each
    I think I was doing 11 hours extra a week at one point, because I did 4 hours worth on sundays too as well as 3 nights one hour and 2 nights 2 hours. Honestly, it's worth it. You wanna pass right?
    This is exactly what I'm doing to revise for my GCSEs now. Works for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    This is exactly what I'm doing to revise for my GCSEs now. Works for me
    I'm glad you have found a pattern that works for you Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i havent started
    still battling with my art coursework!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelenH27)
    i havent started
    still battling with my art coursework!!
    same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeaw)
    They're only GCSEs.. They are fairly easy to pass..
    Noone asked for your opinion...

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher always reminds us that ''You get what you deserve''.

He also has a tendency to embed revision tips in our brains during every lesson by putting up this revision tip thing on the interactive board, as well as year 11 assemblies. It says that we remember like 95% of what we teach and like 10% of what we read, amongst other things.

Here's an example of the revision thing he shows us, it might be helpful:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.