Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made this thread last night because I was becoming exceedingly depressed at my current state of affairs. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30610112

Someone recommended downloading the Iphone app 'Grindr' as it may help me to address my problem. I did that this morning and put up a very nice and tasteful photo of myself and put a lot of effort into making an appropriate and enticing profile.

To say I felt let down though is perhaps the biggest understatement of the century. The men in my local area looked like complete sleazebags. I kept getting rude messages and someone was asking me to give him a growl. It just seemed like none of the people on there were remotely of the calibre of person in which I would be interested.

I'd only want to go with someone really good looking because they'd have to be worth it for all of the homophobia that I'd get from people I know, but finding a good looking/not rubbish person on Grindr is like asking for a typhoon in the Sahara.

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    You're unlikely to find anyone like that on one of those sites. How about going to some gay clubs or something?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose that I've always rejected the stereotypical gay scene. At this rate though, I'll end up resorting to a gay club with the rubbish that Grindr's throwing up.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you can try online dating sites.

ReputationRep:
    i know the feeling...terrible app!

not really sure what to say...but i am in the same position

any advice from you would be useful

ReputationRep:
    I thought Grindr was an app to find people looking for casual sex. Why would you do that? :erm:

The LGBT Chat thread might be a good place to talk about your issues (seeing as I have no idea as to the context of this thread owing to the original thread being binned).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.