Turn on thread page Beta

Bisexual guy with regrets :-( part 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I made this thread last night because I was becoming exceedingly depressed at my current state of affairs. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30610112

Someone recommended downloading the Iphone app 'Grindr' as it may help me to address my problem. I did that this morning and put up a very nice and tasteful photo of myself and put a lot of effort into making an appropriate and enticing profile.

To say I felt let down though is perhaps the biggest understatement of the century. The men in my local area looked like complete sleazebags. I kept getting rude messages and someone was asking me to give him a growl. It just seemed like none of the people on there were remotely of the calibre of person in which I would be interested.

I'd only want to go with someone really good looking because they'd have to be worth it for all of the homophobia that I'd get from people I know, but finding a good looking/not rubbish person on Grindr is like asking for a typhoon in the Sahara.

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    You're unlikely to find anyone like that on one of those sites. How about going to some gay clubs or something?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose that I've always rejected the stereotypical gay scene. At this rate though, I'll end up resorting to a gay club with the rubbish that Grindr's throwing up.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you can try online dating sites.

ReputationRep:
    i know the feeling...terrible app!

not really sure what to say...but i am in the same position

any advice from you would be useful

ReputationRep:
    I thought Grindr was an app to find people looking for casual sex. Why would you do that? :erm:

The LGBT Chat thread might be a good place to talk about your issues (seeing as I have no idea as to the context of this thread owing to the original thread being binned).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.