Turn on thread page Beta

I think i might convert religion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am a tamil and have recently lost all faith in God and am thinking about converting to Islam. I think there is so much rules in Islam it will help me get my life back on track, but my parents are really devote so im confused.
    They may kill me if I convert and I may be looked at funny when I convert to Islam because it is now stereotypically associated with terrorists, no offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise Tamil Guy)
    Hi i am a tamil and have recently lost all faith in God and am thinking about converting to Islam. I think there is so much rules in Islam it will help me get my life back on track, but my parents are really devote so im confused.
    They may kill me if I convert and I may be looked at funny when I convert to Islam because it is now stereotypically associated with terrorists, no offence.
    I think that I am in a similar situation, my parents are hardcore atheists and so, professing faith is just not done but all my life I have secretly accepted the existence of God, I just didn't know which God to worship.
    Recently, I have done extensive research into evidences for different religions and found Islam to be the only faith with any real evidence e.g: Qur'anic miracles, how could a man have written the Qur'an and Muhammad's absolute faith in Allah SWT (I suggest you research the miracles if you haven't already).
    I have now decided to revert after my GCSE exams, when I will have time to get adjusted. Good luck and by the way, what religion are you at the moment?

Here are some things to help you out:

1. This guy is great, he is a 'born Muslim' who is very confident in his beliefs and answered any questions I had as well as explaining evidences for me. I would suggest you send him a message if you have any questions :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=661106

2. This man is a legend, he is funny and explains his conversion in such a way that you feel relaxed, I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for his lectures. Some good explanatory talks are 'lifting the fog' and 'the beauties of Islam' and if you want to find out the rest of the story, its 'beauty of Islam' all of these are on you tube. :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juC-r88TJKM

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're converting to the religion of TSR.....

Wrong Section

ReputationRep:
    Wrong forum bro.
    In response to your question: Just do what feels right to you I suppose.
    There are tonnes of religions. Take time and think real clear.

ReputationRep:
    It is totally your own choice, people may preach to you 24/7 and you parents may try threatning you day and night but at the end of the day its your choice since your religion affects you

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try converting to Christianity? Why Islam in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    wtg to get ur post count up :l

sum1 said this (see post above urs...)
    I get my post count up with useful posts not trolling and stupid threads in About the student room. Half your questions can be answered using the FAQ. Not your ABC but basic enough.

I know someone said it. I made the post at the same time. Slow connection. Note your selective quoting

ReputationRep:
    Don't convert to Islam.

For christ's sake people, have you all gone raving mad?

ReputationRep:
    I think I will research into it and look up more religions but some of my friends who are muslim say it helps bring order to their life with the strict prayer ritual etc.
    I am also afraid that many people will criticise my choice of religion but I think it just calls out to me thank you for your help guys, especially Diety.

ReputationRep:
    I think I will research into it and look up more religions but some of my friends who are muslim say it helps bring order to their life with the strict prayer ritual etc.
    I am also afraid that many people will criticise my choice of religion but I think it just calls out to me thank you for your help guys, especially Diety.
    Any time good luck!

ReputationRep:
    All religions are virtually the same and are all false anyway, so don't waste your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    All religions are virtually the same and are all false anyway, so don't waste your time.
    :hello: I disagree with the name you are using and everything you just said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    :hello: I disagree with the name you are using and everything you just said
    ...What do you find so impossible about there being no God? Enlighten me? I'm serious.

ReputationRep:
    I almost feel sorry for people that waste so much of their life on religion. Almost....

ReputationRep:

Why don't you try thinking for yourself? Don't read scripture books read up on philosophy and logic and THEN see if you can honestly answer any doubts. Changing religions won't make God exist

ReputationRep:
    Heh, ignore the atheist ignorants OP. I used to be a hardcore atheist, then as I matured in intelligence I realised just how stupid it is. Anyway, doesn't India have a lot of Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you convert to Hinduism or Buddhism? They aren't considered to be religions anymore they are "a way of life". If you wanna get your life back on track they might be worth researching, especially their philosophies. Both Hinduism and Buddhism are free and not strict at all.

I also agree with kly45. You don't need to bother converting religion. Just read up on philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    OP I've recently created a religion and I think it would suit you well. I am God (obv) and there are a few rules.

1. You must send me a handmade birthday card every year (17th June.)

2. Said birthday card must have a knock-knock joke in it.

3. There is no need to pray or any shi te like that.

4. Finally, you must give every post I make on here positive rep.

Just a couple of things you should know about my religion:

Red BPM is the official drink of the religion. It is the best drink ever and if you ever buy a fizzy drink it must be that.

Keeley Hazell is a goddess and my future wife and Gina Yashere is the unfunniest comedian ever and the antichrist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Heh, ignore the atheist ignorants OP. I used to be a hardcore atheist, then as I matured in intelligence I realised just how stupid it is. Anyway, doesn't India have a lot of Muslims?
    How is atheism stupid? Atheism is the rejection of one claim, how can the rejection of a claim be stupid?

Also note the irony of you calling atheists ignorant but then saying that atheists are stupid and then not providing any actual REASON to be religious......

Smooth move :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Why are you guys trying to convince him of something other than he wants to believe?
    It doesn't matter it it's Islam. Judiasm, Christianity, or even Satanism!! As long as he's comfortable with his beliefs.
    And to athiests, I respect your disbelief, so why don't you respect other people's faiths?? Choosing to follow a religion/ believe in God/Gods doesn't make anyone less intelligent than a person who doesn't. But it does make you an ass if you start getting all 'Richard Dawkins sans the brains' on them.
    Peace

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.