Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i might convert religion watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kly45)
    How is atheism stupid? Atheism is the rejection of one claim, how can the rejection of a claim be stupid?

Also note the irony of you calling atheists ignorant but then saying that atheists are stupid and then not providing any actual REASON to be religious......

Smooth move :cool:
    I don't have to provide any reason to you :rofl: neither party can actually prove anything, most atheists love bashing their heads into the wall with pointless arguments that don't get anywhwere, I won't join you though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I don't have to provide any reason to you :rofl: neither party can actually prove anything, most atheists love bashing their heads into the wall with pointless arguments that don't get anywhwere, I won't join you though.

Actually you do, ever heard of the burden of proof? The person MAKING a claim has it, the person who REJECTS the claim doesn't. For instance, using Bertrand Russell's argument: if I tell you there is a teapot that orbits the sun can I prove it? No. Can you disprove it? No, it's invisible and invincible. Does this mean that both of our points are valid? OF COURSE NOT. Nobody gets anywhere by saying things are just as valid because they can't be disproven.

See also the "null" hypothesis, atheism isn't trying to prove anything and atheism isn't interchangeable with the term "religious" - buddism and raelism are atheist religions. You obviously think that all atheists have the same politics, philosophy and lifestyle viewpoints but they don't: ONE POSITION ON ONE QUESTION

"pointless arguments"? If that's what you think then you really aren't listening, in fact judging from your comment, you clearly weren't listening to why I just owned your ass and perhaps it's better that you let your religion think for you :rofl2::own3d:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kly45)
    Actually you do, ever heard of the burden of proof? The person MAKING a claim has it, the person who REJECTS the claim doesn't. For instance, using Bertrand Russell's argument: if I tell you there is a teapot that orbits the sun can I prove it? No. Can you disprove it? No, it's invisible and invincible. Does this mean that both of our points are valid? OF COURSE NOT. Nobody gets anywhere by saying things are just as valid because they can't be disproven.

See also the "null" hypothesis, atheism isn't trying to prove anything and atheism isn't interchangeable with the term "religious" - buddism and raelism are atheist religions. You obviously think that all atheists have the same politics, philosophy and lifestyle viewpoints but they don't: ONE POSITION ON ONE QUESTION

"pointless arguments"? If that's what you think then you really aren't listening, in fact judging from your comment, you clearly weren't listening to why I just owned your ass and perhaps it's better that you let your religion think for you :rofl2::own3d:
    I see you replied to my post, but you're probably an atheist and I didn't read anything you said. Too bad. I used to be an atheist, then I matured in intelligence and realised I was just following a kiddy fat because loads of other people were atheists too.

ReputationRep:
    I see you replied to my post, but you're probably an atheist and I didn't read anything you said. Too bad. I used to be an atheist, then I matured in intelligence and realised I was just following a kiddy fat because loads of other people were atheists too.
    u b trollin'

ReputationRep:
    You say you've lost faith in God....you know Muslims believe in God right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kly45)
    u b trollin'
    I see you've resorted to the "u troll!11" argument. Truly a last ditch attempt.

ReputationRep:
    I see you've resorted to the "u troll!11" argument. Truly a last ditch attempt.
    No you are trolling, you keep saying that i'm resorting to things while holding the opinions that "ATHEISTS R AL DUM!!!1" and "DONT ARGU WIF ME COS U R DUM!!1"

Just shut up, take your head out your arse and get a brain you dolt!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.