Turn on thread page Beta

Are we going anywhere? watch

Announcements

ok, so i met this guy three weeks ago at a private party. we talked a lot and he seemed interested in me, however i had to leave early. the next day, he friended me on facebook, and we kept contact by chatting daily. on friday i went on a date with him for a walk and we had a few drinks. i had a really good feeling about this, and when he walked me home he kissed me.
    th next week, we continued chatting and had a second date on saturday. we went to the movies (no strings attached, he chose the movie) and he held my hand for the whole time. again we kissed during the movies once and at the end of the date.

however, this week he has sent me a few private messages but havent really chatted or talked on the phone. i really would like to have another date with him, i really like him, but i dont know if he is still interested. what do you think i should do? should i ask him on a date or wait for him to do so?

and most important: do you think he has lost interest in me? (i'm a bit insecure)

ReputationRep:
    Its only been 5 days, and you've been in contact since so I'd say no, he hasn't lost interest. If you want to go out with him, ask. Simples. Don't expect guys to make the first move all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make the next move. Boys like the chasing. Trust me on this, play hard to get (for now). Otherwise you'll seem clingy

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation, so while I have no real advice to give, as I have no idea what to do either, I'd like to read other people's replies to see what I should do. If it helps, it sounds like he's interested, but I know it's difficult to tell from the outside and as I'm having trouble convincing myself what I should do I'm not sure how valid any of my advice is!

ReputationRep:
    hmm well my best advice would be to wait for him...remember you've only been out a few times - give him some time to decide for himself

oh and he might be busy at the moment which is why he's giving you less attention......guys tend to have a one track mind....(not always a bad thing though :P )

(Original post by meerkaatt)
    Don't make the next move. Boys like the chasing. Trust me on this, play hard to get (for now). Otherwise you'll seem clingy
    yes, that is actually my dilema, will i seem clingy if i ask him for a date?
    by the way, is it too clingy to send him one text each day?? asking what he has been doing ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meerkaatt)
    by the way, is it too clingy to send him one text each day?? asking what he has been doing ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fameisalluneed)
    I'm afraid so. I've learnt the hard way. Of course, it's different with all guys but generally speaking if a guy is interested in you he will want to and WILL chase you. Most guys will tell you that a girl who keeps texting everyday and asking to meet up early on in the dating process is annoying.

I know you might feel as though he'll lose interest if you dont text/meet up again with your advances, but I assure you it's quite the opposite. If you don't talk to him first for a few days (or as long as it takes for him to talk to you) you'll be more desirable to him, because it looks like you have an interesting life outside of him.

So, leave it and let him come to you, and act like you've been busy doing interesting things rather than on here He'll think 'ooh, she's worth it, she's laid back and not clingy, i'll ask her for another date'. If he doesn't talk back (I guaranttee he will 99%, even if it takes a while) then he's not worth it and you'll be onto new prey by then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.