Turn on thread page Beta

How long should one volunteer for the Citizens Advice Bureau before putting PS? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been considering volunteering for the Citizens Advice Bureau so that I can put it on my PS for Law. My question is, how long should one volunteer for? Would it matter if you just did two days? I assume they wouldn't know.

ReputationRep:
    Well techinically they wouldn't know. At least I don't think so

But if they ask you questions regarding your volunteer work at interview then you have to be prepared to answer them I suppose.

Good luck :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Don't get work experience just so you can put it on your personal statement - think about what you actually hope to get out of it in terms of knowledge etc.
    Two days shadowing would probably be enough, but don't make it sound like it was longer. You can still reflect on it and say what you got out of it/how it relates to your application.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.