Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some men do this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why are (some) men so defensive of what they do, as if it's only a "mans thing" e.g. sleeping around, that they can do it but women shouldn't. I really can't understand, do they feel threatened by women who can do just as much as them, and just as well? Do they feel the need to let us know they're calling the shots, even when they're nothing to us?

If there are any men on here who hold double standards, why?

p.s. This is not a feminist "men are *******s post", i'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    You will actually find that a lot of men don't believe that women shouldn't be around to sleep around. BTW this double standard is reinforced by women just as much as men if not more. I know a lot of girls that gossip and call other girls sluts and *****es etc. And how does that example mean that men are threatened that women can do just as much if not more

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't know why men are 'players' and girls are '****s'. Most of the time they are the same and just sleeping around because their heart got broken by the one who got away..

ReputationRep:
    Because men have been running society for 6000 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HellowHellow)
    Why are (some) men so defensive of what they do, as if it's only a "mans thing" e.g. sleeping around, that they can do it but women shouldn't. I really can't understand...
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Yeah I don't know why men are 'players' and girls are '****s'. Most of the time they are the same and just sleeping around because their heart got broken by the one who got away..

The lock and key analogy:
    A Key that opens many locks is very useful
    A lock that is opened by many keys is nigh on useless

The overlying point here is that guys have a unique LAD banter, while women love to gossip and take things too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fibrebiz)

The overlying point here is that guys have a unique LAD banter, while women love to gossip and take things too seriously.
    That is just a **** thing to say.

A girl can sleep around if she wants, it's her choice. She shouldn't be discriminated against for liking a bangin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fibrebiz)

**** that let me call the locksmith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HellowHellow)
    Why are (some) men so defensive of what they do, as if it's only a "mans thing" e.g. sleeping around, that they can do it but women shouldn't. I really can't understand, do they feel threatened by women who can do just as much as them, and just as well? Do they feel the need to let us know they're calling the shots, even when they're nothing to us?

If there are any men on here who hold double standards, why?

p.s. This is not a feminist "men are *******s post", i'm just curious.
    Society is just messed up like that. I don't agree with it. It's pretty stupid when a guy sleeps around he is a "player" but when a girl sleeps around she is a ****. How does that make sense

ReputationRep:
    It's not fair that guys can shag every girl in a 10 mile radius of his penis but a girl cannot have it with one or two guys. I do not advocate it as such but neither am I strictly against it.

If a man can sleep around , so can a woman.

ReputationRep:
    I think it all boils down to how easy women can laid they can go to any club and get some where as for lads its slightly harder sometimes we have to actually try.

ReputationRep:
    men takes much responsibility than women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander5)
    I think it all boils down to how easy women can laid they can go to any club and get some where as for lads its slightly harder sometimes we have to actually try.
    Seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    That is just a **** thing to say.

A girl can sleep around if she wants, it's her choice. She shouldn't be discriminated against for liking a bangin'
    I agree.
    I didn't expect anyone to actually pay any attention to a humorous analogy (courtesy of sickipedia, I believe)
    Honestly, I think it's because men hold a much less mature attitude towards sex and long-term commitments than women. Therefore, when you a girl who deviates from that stereotype...
    Similarly, if in the middle of some LAD banter you declare that you only have sex during meaningful relationships, you will be mocked. Hard.

I don't make the rules - I don't even like them but c'est la vie.

Personally, I stay away from these conversations altogether when I can. You'll never hear me declare someone a player or **** in any meaningful/serious conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Society is just messed up like that. I don't agree with it. It's pretty stupid when a guy sleeps around he is a "player" but when a girl sleeps around she is a ****. How does that make sense
    It makes perfect sense because being a player is hard, being a **** is easy. To be a player you have to be good looking, clever, funny, kind with a nice car and good job, to be a **** you just need to be there! Thats why you get fat ugly ****s but have you ever seen a fat ugly player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonski)
    It makes perfect sense because being a player is hard, being a **** is easy. To be a player you have to be good looking, clever, funny, kind with a nice car and good job, to be a **** you just need to be there! Thats why you get fat ugly ****s but have you ever seen a fat ugly player?
    Some people find fat people attractive. Being ugly is subjective.
    I don't know any players nor have I met any players.
    On the other hand I remember this one **** in high school and she was pretty hot.

ReputationRep:
    it's because girls themselves disapprove of sleeping around

the guys are all like "nice going man! you got laid" but the girls are like "omg you didn't even know that guy, you whore!"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.