Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

whistling at women on the street..the Facts! watch

ReputationRep:
    Men stop listening to women on this topic, women will give you mixed messages on this topic.
    I personally do not whistle at women in the street, because I can't whistle, plus I do not want to give them a big ego.

I notice...when some men whistle at a girl in the street,,,,the woman get all big headed and start to act like she is all that, but at the same time pretending how disgusted she is.

If these same women were not whistled at, but only their mates got whistled at, they would get jealous of their mates, as to why men only whistle at their mates and not at her, if they is something wrong with her, if she is not as sexy enough.

Men stop listening to women,,,, they change rules and moral stands when it suits them!! what they tell you and what they think are not always the same, why do you think, even other women call women 2 faced!

This is the same thing when it comes to chatting up women,,,lot of them would get all pretentious, but if no one chatted them up and only their mates got chatted up, they would try mess it up,,,or get all insecure and jealous of their mates.

ReputationRep:
    I just laugh but I suppose it is nice, at the same time is does seem a bit rude though

ReputationRep:
    ,,,ok

ReputationRep:
    "Men stop listening to women,,,, they change rules and moral stands when it suits them!! what they tell you and what they think are not always the same, why do you think, even other women call women 2 faced!"

I noticed that women move the goalposts a lot too, especially when I'm in a relationship, but blokes are guilty of doing exactly the same thing sometimes *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it only chavs that whistle at girls?

ReputationRep:
    so... whats this post about again....

ReputationRep:
    True dat.

Although to be fair, I was genuinely disgusted at being asked to "go twos on a *******." Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely hate being whistled at in the street. I just think they're taking the piss.
    I'd much rather someone just came up to me and spoke to me if they wanted my attention, at least that way I know they mean it.

ReputationRep:
    *yawn*

Only morons whistle at women.

And what's with all the commas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamil1987)
    so... whats this post about again....
    Oh, it is stating the obvious and emphasing it as well

ReputationRep:
    NEWSFLASH: Woman changes her mind depending upon feeling of self worth.

In other news today, a man in Bromwich also changed his mind. We'll have more on these stories as it comes in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerdBOY1)
    Men stop listening to women on this topic, women will give you mixed messages on this topic.
    I personally do not whistle at women in the street, because I can't whistle, plus I do not want to give them a big ego.

I notice...when some men whistle at a girl in the street,,,,the woman get all big headed and start to act like she is all that, but at the same time pretending how disgusted she is.

If these same women were not whistled at, but only their mates got whistled at, they would get jealous of their mates, as to why men only whistle at their mates and not at her, if they is something wrong with her, if she is not as sexy enough.

Men stop listening to women,,,, they change rules and moral stands when it suits them!! what they tell you and what they think are not always the same, why do you think, even other women call women 2 faced!

This is the same thing when it comes to chatting up women,,,lot of them would get all pretentious, but if no one chatted them up and only their mates got chatted up, they would try mess it up,,,or get all insecure and jealous of their mates.
    You are right. If someone whistles at me I find it flattering because I feel like my "sexiness" was noticed. However I do consider it a lack of manners and that is why I try not to show my reaction and ignore the action.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you're saying, but i don't think whistling is a good example because some girls think you're taking the mick. I think a better example is when girls get approached in a club. a lot of girls say they go out with their friends to have a good time and they don't want to be approached. however if all their friends were getting approached and they never get approached they would be disappointed

stating the obvious tbh

ReputationRep:
    First of all, only chavs and idiots whistle at women.

I hate being whistled at, I don't feel flattered there and then or later. All the girls I know feel the same way. I wish everyone would stop altogether. If another girl gets whistled at and not me, I would not feel disappointed, I would assume it is because I dress appropriately (and maybe my friend does not).

OP, if you feel like women reject you when it suits them, it is because they are not interested. A lot of girls may be take advancements as compliments (as to not be rude), but men don't know when to stop, and does not realize she is not looking for anything more. As for the "bow and blush" move when guy yell/whistle, it is something I can do because I am genuinely embarrassed and I feel it is the only move to make. I want to flip them off, but am afraid guys of those sorts may attack me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    First of all, only chavs and idiots whistle at women.

I hate being whistled at, I don't feel flattered there and then or later. All the girls I know feel the same way. I wish everyone would stop altogether. If another girl gets whistled at and not me, I would not feel disappointed, I would assume it is because I dress appropriately (and maybe my friend does not).

OP, if you feel like women reject you when it suits them, it is because they are not interested. A lot of girls may be take advancements as compliments (as to not be rude), but men don't know when to stop, and does not realize she is not looking for anything more. As for the "bow and blush" move when guy yell/whistle, it is something I can do because I am genuinely embarrassed and I feel it is the only move to make. I want to flip them off, but am afraid guys of those sorts may attack me.
    I think they are taking the mick when they whistle at you..so please don't embarrass yourself and get carried away:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerdBOY1)
    I think they are taking the mick when they whistle at you..so please don't embarrass yourself and get carried away:rolleyes:
    In what way do I get carried away? I just said I think it is ridiculous and that they all should stop. It is just guys showing off in front of each other.

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's you, the sexist pig again! Give up your trolling and go fap over men's rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Oh it's you, the sexist pig again! Give up your trolling and go fap over men's rights.
    Ummm Hi, have we met before?

ReputationRep:
    Nerdboy??? Lonely boy more like.

ReputationRep:
    I admit that if I get wolf whistled, my reaction depends on if I find the whistler attractive or not. I think you'll find that if a woman finds the person attractive, it is VERY flattering and puts a visible spring in their step.

If however I am not attracted to the person, or even perhaps slightly disgusted which happens more frequently, then I am a bit grossed out about it and scuttle past at lightning speed.

I know it shouldn't be like that but it is, I'm afraid to admit. Same sort of thing when it comes to men approaching me/dancing at me in clubs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.