Turn on thread page Beta

whistling at women on the street..the Facts! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Oh it's you, the sexist pig again! Give up your trolling and go fap over men's rights.
    I know OP is a bit stupid. But Im just saying....... Men are people. Women are people. We ALL have rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    NEWSFLASH: Woman changes her mind depending upon feeling of self worth.

In other news today, a man in Bromwich also changed his mind. We'll have more on these stories as it comes in.
    +rep

Also, I like your sig - it reminds me of 'Let's eat, Grandma!' or 'Let's eat Grandma' - PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like you've slipped into a comma :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, OP. I was confused about wolf-whistling at women before this post.

I am truly enlightened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    I know OP is a bit stupid. But Im just saying....... Men are people. Women are people. We ALL have rights.
    Yes I know but this guy has come on TSR and posting stuff about women being inferior and some kind of monster which isn't true. Some are.. but not all are.

ReputationRep:
    being whistled at is okay depending on whether lurid comments follow or not!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know but this guy has come on TSR and posting stuff about women being inferior and some kind of monster which isn't true. Some are.. but not all are.
    He is silly Chlo. Just ignore him , Post around him and he will soon go away

ReputationRep:
    Where are the facts? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Wolf whistling is so last century.

ReputationRep:
    In a way its good but it can also be annoying when you get unwanted male attention.But normaly it is chavs and pervs that wolf whistle and pap the horn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I admit that if I get wolf whistled, my reaction depends on if I find the whistler attractive or not. I think you'll find that if a woman finds the person attractive, it is VERY flattering and puts a visible spring in their step.

If however I am not attracted to the person, or even perhaps slightly disgusted which happens more frequently, then I am a bit grossed out about it and scuttle past at lightning speed.

I know it shouldn't be like that but it is, I'm afraid to admit. Same sort of thing when it comes to men approaching me/dancing at me in clubs.
    So in other words, you're incredibly shallow? Double standards on the basis on how someone looks. That's pretty pathetic don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    it's like the scenario when you get randomly added for being 'cute' on facebook, you tell everyone that "it's so annoying! I keep getting these random adds!" when secretly you're "hell yes, score"

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's you, the sexist pig again! Give up your trolling and go fap over men's rights.

We've got bored of fapping to men's rights, we've always had them you see. You'll get bored eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, men still whistle? What decade is this exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ian Holloway)
    So in other words, you're incredibly shallow? Double standards on the basis on how someone looks. That's pretty pathetic don't you think?
    Well to be honest when they wolf whistle, they aren't wolf whistling my personality are they.....?

They are being just as shallow by judging me on my appearances, albeit positively.

Who I find attractive may not be classically good looking anyway. I can have a rather unusual taste in men.

Otherwise. True that. If someone horrendous (in my humble opinion) looking whistles or tries it on, it's somehow gross and disgusting. Attention is only annoying if it's from the wrong people.

If I like them, then I can't get enough. It's never a level playing field, but then everyone has their own ideas about attractiveness anyway.

ReputationRep:
    For me it depends on who is doing the whistling. Creepy bloke, old bloke or scruffy bloke and I am disgusted. If a normal lad whistled it probably would go to my head a bit but lets face it...how many blokes that whistle at lasses are normal?! Same for chatting up. If they are weird or creepy I am disgusted and will express this, especially if they touch me (I go psycho ninja on them), but if they are normal (nothing to do with looks) I will graceful accept but politely decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    it's like the scenario when you get randomly added for being 'cute' on facebook, you tell everyone that "it's so annoying! I keep getting these random adds!" when secretly you're "hell yes, score"
    lol so true. It's like if you don't like it then take down the half naked pictures or the ones of you in a bikini. Really riles me when lasses are like this. Its just like the "I'm sick of men looking at my boobs"...well don't have them out then ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeheretellme)
    yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a guy whistle at a girl or honk in a car apart from in movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comeheretellme)
    Yes Ive noticed here in my state at least, men honk at attractive women pedestrians.:rolleyes:

What exactly is that supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Well to be honest when they wolf whistle, they aren't wolf whistling my personality are they.....?

They are being just as shallow by judging me on my appearances, albeit positively.

Who I find attractive may not be classically good looking anyway. I can have a rather unusual taste in men.

Otherwise. True that. If someone horrendous (in my humble opinion) looking whistles or tries it on, it's somehow gross and disgusting. Attention is only annoying if it's from the wrong people.

If I like them, then I can't get enough. It's never a level playing field, but then everyone has their own ideas about attractiveness anyway.
    Doesn't really change the fact that you're applying prejudice to people on the basis of something as superficial as how they look, does it? The ones wolfwhistling you are being shallow yes, but they're not exactly applying discriminant prejudice to others for being uglier are they (showing disgust for them)?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.