Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and this girl had been flirting with each other for a while, been getting on especially well recently but she rejected me when i asked her out. She's not a cruel person who flirts with every guy so what's happening?

ReputationRep:
    She might not be looking for any sort of commitment as a relationship.

Talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    maybe its a sign that shes just not interested and i got it all wrong or something? dunno whether to talk to her or just forget it ever happened.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her or forget it ever happened. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    haha which though? :P

ReputationRep:
    Playing hard to get? If she is set that btch straight

ReputationRep:
    You got friend zoned? Maybe just let it go for now man :/

ReputationRep:
    some girls don't (initially) see a cruel side to being a bit of a dicktease. True Story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pastry)
    haha which though? :P
    :iiam: You could go for option 3. A drunken grind on the dance floor.

ReputationRep:
    cocktease

ReputationRep:
    some more feedback would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Flirting doesn't imply anything more necessarily, but the best thing to do is just ask her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pastry)
    some more feedback would be helpful
    Find out first the reason why she rejected you, then forget it. Otherwise you would keep asking yourself why, or maybe keep hoping that she may accept some time later. So better to make things clear :cool:

Start the conversation by saying something like: "I appreciate that you were honest to me but I have at least the right to know why". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well she didnt reject me straight out, she just made it clear that she didnt want to be with me

ReputationRep:
    by that i mean she seemed pretty cold and avoided answering. She basically ignored me and ended the conversation, so i reckon she's not interested. Still helps to hear other peoples' opinions

ReputationRep:
    I think you should be pleased that she's had the decency to be straight with you, instead of leading you on like some girls would.

As for the flirting, how obvious was it? You say she isn't like that with everyone, but maybe you're just being overly perceptive to how she is with you and playing everyone else down because you like her?

To be fair to her some people do flirt unintentionally. I mean I flirt with most people to be honest without meaning anything by it.

I would continue being flirty and see if she reciprocates. If she does, then she's either playing with you, or like I said, more flirty than you realised. If not, you know you've got the wrong end of the stick. I for one sort of think it's the latter, sorry

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth did i get 'negged' for that comment. Bizzare.

ReputationRep:
    lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.