Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I'm going swimming with a group of my friends next week (including my ex boyfriend, oh dear) and I'm really not confident in swim wear!

I'm 5ft 4, size 8/10, I'm pale and I'm relatively healthy (I completed a half marathon last year) so not too wobbly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the type I should buy/how I can make myself look better in one/feel more confident?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think thicker straps generally make you look slimmer, not those stringy things. Can't you get a spray tan, that will really help.

ReputationRep:
    Smaller the better :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    less is more.

ReputationRep:
    Tankini?

If you've got medium to large boobs, get a proper supportive one like this or this, and all eyes will be on your cleavage, not on any parts of your body that you're a little worried about.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have no reason not to be confident since you're slim already.

(Original post by angelbones)
    Tankini?

If you've got medium to large boobs, get a proper supportive one like this or this, and all eyes will be on your cleavage, not on any parts of your body that you're a little worried about.
    I'm a 32 C I'll try that, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a 32 C I'll try that, thanks!
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I'm going swimming with a group of my friends next week (including my ex boyfriend, oh dear) and I'm really not confident in swim wear!

I'm 5ft 4, size 8/10, I'm pale and I'm relatively healthy (I completed a half marathon last year) so not too wobbly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the type I should buy/how I can make myself look better in one/feel more confident?

Thanks!
    go naked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)
    Smaller the better :sexface:
    this :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    inb4 the boys say 'pics or gtfo'

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you've got a great figure! I'd probably buy a bottle of fake tan and do a 'once over'.. you don't have to be golden brown to look good, you just want to get rid of the really really pastey stuff i suppose.
    Black bikins always look good in my opinion or a patterned one might detract from anything you want to hide, if not khaki, blue is nice and sophisticated too.
    i wouldn't go for a bandeaux if you're a cup c but maybe one with a proper bra cup could be good and supportive. In my opinion, string bikinis look nicest and sexiest though. I personally find if you wear little shorts as a bikini bottom they cut in to the thigh and can be unflattering so maybe don't go for that
    I often like wearing my hair down too, i just find it more flattering!

ReputationRep:
    Darn, came into this thread for pics. Massive disappointment.

(Original post by meenu89)
    inb4 the boys say 'pics or gtfo'

Ah, well played...

ReputationRep:
    Look in topshop, they have some really pretty ones

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.