Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolDude)
    Hmmm....... the School of Pharmacy at RGU is going to be moving to Garthdee....so I'd like to know if thats good/bad for me...

1) Is Garthdee the party center of RGU....?

2) Are there residences in Garthdee or only in City center?

......basically, I would like the place of my accommodation to be quiet & have a nearby library that's not crowded & is very silent and still be very close to school/lectures. I am a semi-antisocial person...a bit more like you....who looks down on people having an arts major & who's not fond of people talking/partying 24/7......(similar to what you stated in a previous post in this thread LOL! ). SO could you please give me suggestions than will help me attain my preferences @RGU?
    Once again, the bridge between British and North American humour fails! All halls are full of partying for first year and I urge you to join in. Anyway, I feel as if I have given you more than ample advice. Time to do your own homework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caponester)
    Once again, the bridge between British and North American humour fails! All halls are full of partying for first year and I urge you to join in. Anyway, I feel as if I have given you more than ample advice. Time to do your own homework.
    Can I ask you a question whilst you're in a particularly answerable (?) mood?
    Are there any Study Zones/Areas in the Pharmacy School area? ie the technical building/st andrews building?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that cooldude was Canadian. Not american.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    Can I ask you a question whilst you're in a particularly answerable (?) mood?
    Are there any Study Zones/Areas in the Pharmacy School area? ie the technical building/st andrews building?
    Yep, quite a few quiet study rooms that you can book for 2 hour slots at a time. Just get a group and each of you book a consecutive 2 hour slot so you have the room all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    I thought that cooldude was Canadian. Not american.
    You are a little thick aren't you. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Google North America

ReputationRep:
    You are a little thick aren't you. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Google North America
    I got a bit mixed up with something else I was thinking of. It is no reason to be rude, though. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, quite a few quiet study rooms that you can book for 2 hour slots at a time. Just get a group and each of you book a consecutive 2 hour slot so you have the room all day.
    Plan! Thanks.

Hmmm....... the School of Pharmacy at RGU is going to be moving to Garthdee....so I'd like to know if thats good/bad for me...

1) Is Garthdee the party center of RGU....?

2) Are there residences in Garthdee or only in City center?

......basically, I would like the place of my accommodation to be quiet & have a nearby library that's not crowded & is very silent and still be very close to school/lectures. I am a semi-antisocial person...a bit more like you....who looks down on people having an arts major & who's not fond of people talking/partying 24/7......(similar to what you stated in a previous post in this thread LOL! ). SO could you please give me suggestions than will help me attain my preferences @RGU?
    Hey,

The New Pharmacy School will open for us to start in our fourth (final) year, if I remember correctly. So it's not going to effect us for a while.

Pros:
    It's new. (compared to the 200(?) year old school we're currently in now.
    It'll have new equipment (hopefully).
    We'll be doing our Masters Projects there. Which I pressume contributes a lot to what class of degree you get.
    You'll be in the newest Pharmacy School in the UK for you final year. (unless Durham/Brum decide to open there's on the same year and build a Pharmacy school too...)
    You'll get the best of both worlds.
    It'll be a nice change (maybe)

Cons:
    It might not be a nice change
    There might be some teething issues.
    We're in Garthdee, which isn't necessarily a bad thing
    There are probably more bad things.

1. Garthdee is the other Campus of RGU. Which is found a little out of the City Centre. I wouldn't say it was "party central" considering we're currently in City Centre, which really should be where all the parties are at. The Union's quite near where the Pharmacy Building are too.
    What people are saying about it is that most of the rest of the RGU students are taught there.. and we're just a bunch of anti-social snobs who don't seem to want to mingle....

2. Yes. But student halls of residences are generally only given out to first year students (to help them settle in and stuff) so it's irrelivent to you whether their are halls there or not. But there are halls there. http://www.rgu.ac.uk/student-life/ac...garthdee-flats

What tends to happen is people stay in halls in first year and then move into flats from 2nd-4th year.

And regarding Carponester's comment to you..
    I've only been to Aberdeen twice and most of what I know is from creeping on forums here/reading through their website&prospectus. Pretty much everything you ask/asked can be found on their website/the internet in general and sometimes it comes across like you're too lazy to look
    -Although, I understand that's not always the case and sometimes it's better to get peoples opinions and have chats with people. But you know what I mean, eh?
    But since you're international I don't really mind as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)

1. Garthdee is the other Campus of RGU. Which is found a little out of the City Centre. I wouldn't say it was party central; considering we're currently in City Centre, which really should be where all the parties are at. The Union's quite near where the Pharmacy Building are too.
    What people are saying about it is that most of the rest of the RGU students are taught there.. and we're just a bunch of anti-social snobs who don't seem to want to mingle....(*)

2. Yes. But student halls of residences are generally only given out to first year students (to help them settle in and stuff) so it's irrelivent to you whether their are halls there or not. But there are halls there. http://www.rgu.ac.uk/student-life/ac...garthdee-flats

What tends to happen is people stay in halls in first year and then move into flats from 2nd-4th year.

And regarding Carponester's comment to you..
    I've only been to Aberdeen twice and most of what I know is from creeping on forums here/reading through their website&prospectus. Pretty much everything you ask/asked can be found on their website/the internet in general and sometimes it comes across like you're too lazy to look
    -Although, I understand that's not always the case and sometimes it's better to get peoples opinions and have chats with people. But you know what I mean, eh?
    But since you're international I don't really mind as much.
    (*) "........ we're just a bunch of anti-social snobs who don't seem to want to mingle...." ....love it ! I guess I am in the right crowd more or less.

regarding Carponester's & your comment to me: I know it looks that I am lazy.....but I am not....trust me! It's because I am forced to concentrate my time & energy to work on (as well as panic) for the loans, new schemes to conserve money, part time work & AND MY EXAMS which will be ending at April 13th!!!!!!!!! Especially.... the "loan" part is driving me crazy! I still haven't figured it out yet! .....So that being my case ...I will agree I haven't done my homework & asked silly questions because of that (...sorry)...but please don't tag me "lazy" for that.

Regarding your answers to my questions: They were great, as always. Just what I wanted. (I wanted to + rate you, but it looks like I can't positive rate you twice!).

ReputationRep:
    (*) "........ we're just a bunch of anti-social snobs who don't seem to want to mingle...." ....love it ! I guess I am in the right crowd more or less.

regarding Carponester's & your comment to me: I know it looks that I am lazy.....but I am not....trust me! It's because I am forced to concentrate my time & energy to work on (as well as panic) for the loans, new schemes to conserve money, part time work & AND MY EXAMS which will be ending at April 13th!!!!!!!!! Especially.... the "loan" part is driving me crazy! I still haven't figured it out yet! .....So that being my case ...I will agree I haven't done my homework....but please don't tag me "lazy" for that.

Regarding your answers to my questions: They were great, as always. Just what I wanted. (I wanted to + rate you, but it looks like I can't positive rate you twice!).
    No worries, I have positive repped him for you.

I don't think you are lazy. It is not easy to get information on a university you want to go to. The best way to do it is to speak to people that are on the course and university.

Is it quite difficult to get a loan for your studies within canada. The interest alone will be quite a lot, after you graduate. But, I am sure you will be able to pay it back quickly enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    No worries, I have positive repped him for you.

I don't think you are lazy. It is not easy to get information on a university you want to go to. The best way to do it is to speak to people that are on the course and university.

Is it quite difficult to get a loan for your studies within canada. The interest alone will be quite a lot, after you graduate. But, I am sure you will be able to pay it back quickly enough.
    Thanks Firestar101! . Yep...... interest alone will be quite a lot..which will be 20% of my principle just for the 4 years of my MPharm! Just in case if you wanted to know. Thats 20,000 dollars or ~13,000 pounds in interest for 4 years!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Firestar101! . Yep...... interest alone will be quite a lot..which will be 20% of my principle just for the 4 years of my MPharm! Just in case if you wanted to know. Thats 20,000 dollars or ~13,000 pounds in interest for 4 years!
    wow. That is a lot of money. But it is money well spent if it is on your education.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.