Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wait, incest in my mind screams 'DIRECT FAMILY MEMBERS' hence the all explaining 'EWWW'

as for first cousins etc. debatable I suppose.

So is OP a sicko, or of a different culture?

ReputationRep:
    My first instinct is no, because it would seriously interfere with the idea of a family unit. I mean, I don't particularly want to grow up in a society where my sibling might be plotting to sleep with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    Wait, wait, since when?

I heard you can goto jail for masturbating in public, never mind ****ing.
    That's another question in itself, right there - Why is public masturbation considered to be worse than public intercourse? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    The government don't have the time or money going to investigate every individual case of incest to work out the possibility of having kids.
    I'm not taking about legality. I am talking about morality. Very different things.
    So if you are saying it is immoral because of the risk of ****ed up kids, then surely if you take that risk out then it should be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I'm not taking about legality. I am talking about morality. Very different things.
    So if you are saying it is immoral because of the risk of ****ed up kids, then surely if you take that risk out then it should be fine?
    Oh, ok. People think it's disgusting because they could never imagine ever having sex with a member of their family without being repulsed. I don't see a problem with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    Oh, ok. People think it's disgusting because they could never imagine ever having sex with a member of their family without being repulsed. I don't see a problem with that.
    But different people think different things are disgusting. I think watersports and scat play are disgusting. Doesn't mean I think they should be banned or are immoral though.

ReputationRep:
    Again, what if kids were not a chance at all? (say one of them was sterile).
    Then there is no issue. As long as they don't reproduce, I don't care what they do to each other.

I also think anyone with a serious genetic defect should have enough moral standing to adopt, use a sperm bank etc, knowingly passing genetic defects onto a child is immoral. But that's a separate issue.

ReputationRep:
    But different people think different things are disgusting. I think watersports and scat play are disgusting. Doesn't mean I think they should be banned or are immoral though.
    I'm not saying it should be bad.

Also, if you think something is disgusting and wrong then you think it's immoral.

ReputationRep:
    Because you get kids like this:

Nah, it's just absolutely ****ing disgusting. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Joseph Fritzl.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    If you read what I said, I said I'm against it because it UNNATURAL, not because it's uncommon. You took that quote out of context.
    It's not about prejudices, not in this instance.

I swear people can't read though. It's really annoying people carrying on quoting me when I keep trying to leave.
    Please stop. Argue your point with someone who's up for it.
    Unnatural = bad? Good argument :rolleyes:

How exactly ISN'T it natural?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Because you get kids like this:

Nah, it's just absolutely ****ing disgusting. :facepalm2:
    He plays a mean banjo though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RequiemForADream)
    He plays a mean banjo though...
    That's true. But what about the "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!!!" part...

ReputationRep:
    That's true. But what about the "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!!!" part...
    Erm... :cockup:

ReputationRep:
    Ok this may sound really stupid but surely animals have sex with brothers and sisters, do they end up all deformed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Unnatural = bad? Good argument :rolleyes:

How exactly ISN'T it natural?
    Yes, unnatural = bad (when it comes to matters of sexual nature and other things to do with our bodies).

I've already explained how it is unnatural... Feel free to read those posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RequiemForADream)
    Erm... :cockup:
    but that film is ****ed up...

ReputationRep:
    but that film is ****ed up...
    It really ****ing is! :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Yes, unnatural = bad (when it comes to matters of sexual nature and other things to do with our bodies).

I've already explained how it is unnatural... Feel free to read those posts.
    Just because some might think it's unnatural doesn't = bad. How exactly is it unnatural? There is no such thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Just because some might think it's unnatural doesn't = bad. How exactly is it unnatural? There is no such thing.
    I've explained before. Just read the posts.

Poll
Are you going to a Festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.