Turn on thread page Beta

Am I over-reacting? Or has something changed? watch

Hey, I've been going out with a girl for almost two months. It hasn't been very long, but I love her loads [I was best friends with her for about half a year prior to this]. Things were going absolutely amazingly until about a week ago, when I got caught up in some drama between two of her best friends. To cut a long story short, I [very drunk at the time] withheld really important information from her and her closest friend for a good hour before telling them what was really going down. I won't go into the mechanics of it, but I was literally just the messenger in the whole thing. :/

So this week at college I couldn't help noticing a slight change in our relationship. She's been a bit touchy with me, particularly in regard to the French oral we had this week [I didn't think I'd done too well; she didn't have much sympathy] and doesn't seem as willing to initiate the playfulness that used to define our relationship. After being together at college, we usually speak for about 3-5 hours on Facebook Chat/text/phone, however I can't help noticing this has kinda changed. On Facebook, for instance, she used to message me straight away and would reply within seconds. Now I have to wait a while for her to initiate the conversation [and increasingly she texts/messages me with some kind of pretext for doing so, rather than just to talk] and for her replies- plus she's going to bed earlier and earlier [she used to always be the one begging me not to go to sleep]. At college, she's still willing to sit in my lap without prompting, grab my hand, etc. however.

She maintains that she still trusts me and loves me dearly, and that her stifled after-college interaction with me has been due to tiredness/pressure from exams, but I can't help feeling a bit weird about the whole thing. I just wish I could turn back time. :/

bump

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.