Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much saved money did/are you take/taking to Uni (first year)?

It seems I'll have £500 at best, and with the likely-hood of a job before starting in September looking quite bleak, I'm quite anxious that I'll either run out of money or run into financial difficulties with parents not willing to fork out cash for me.
    Especially after looking what amount of money I'll roughly be left with per week 'spare' after the necessities, and that wont even really afford one night out.

Any tips for saving gathering for Uni (in the case there's no luck with jobs)?
    And other tips for when at Uni for making the most of the money/where to cut back?

Thanks a lot

Write a decent CV before you go and take a load of copies - then when you get there trawl the town's bars and restaurants etc asking about jobs and leave a copy of your CV. Persistence pays off.

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of threads on moneysaving on this forum just do a few searches.

Also, have a look at this thread on MSE, it's dedicated to student saving.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...splay.php?f=25

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Must be funny.

Srzly, matched betting = free moniyy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.