Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My brother is having a stag do and knowing his friends, this isn't going to be some sort of quiet evening in. I don't really drink anymore nor am I the 'crazy' sort to do wild things. It looks like activities such as paintballing won't be included but I'm wondering how I can survive this intact. Any ideas?

So you don't drink... not hard is it?

(Original post by tehFrance)
    So you don't drink... not hard is it?
    I'm not sure they'd take no for an answer. I'm not sure you understand the british drinking culture.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not sure they'd take no for an answer. I'm not sure you understand the british drinking culture.
    Oh just because I am French (half-British) you automatically assume I don't undestand the culture, I have been here long enough to have experienced it when I go out if I do want to drink my friends don't force me too.

You don't want to drink so tell them so and be instistant about it, give in and it is a sign of weakness for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are you'll get ****ed over by your mates whatever you do!
    Just go with the flow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Oh just because I am French (half-British) you automatically assume I don't undestand the culture, I have been here long enough to have experienced it when I go out if I do want to drink my friends don't force me too.

You don't want to drink so tell them so and be instistant about it, give in and it is a sign of weakness for the future.
    Wow.... that emoticon is a little excessive. No?

Chill man; it's only TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Well man up then :facepalm:

One night of silliness isn't going to do you any harm.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't "really drink anymore," that suggests that you maybe once did. Perhaps you could have a few pints? You don't need to get bladdered. Or, suggest to your brother about going on a painballing trip as well, and then you won't feel so obliged to go to the 'piss up' as well.

If you're dreading it that much, make an excuse not to go/suddenly go ill on the morning of the stag do!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.