Turn on thread page Beta

A guys complexion watch

Announcements

So girls, how important is this?

I have major spot on my cheek and a few small ones, I had been on accutane before to clear acne...I take my skin so seriously now, wash it 4 times a dya and each time about 20min routine

My mate wears concealer coz he says clear skin is the most important thing, im sure its ok for guys to have spots, but obv girls more important right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I have major spot on my cheek and a few small ones, I had been on accutane before to clear acne...I take my skin so seriously now, wash it 4 times a dya and each time about 20min routine

My mate wears concealer coz he says clear skin is the most important thing, im sure its ok for guys to have spots, but obv girls more important right?
    1. You should never wash your face more than twice a day, you'll dry your face our, make it produce more sebum (oil) and be back at square one. Wash it once in the morning for about 5 mins and once at night for 5 mins and let it air dry-any more is detrimental to your skin.
    2. As a girl, I don't really see it as a major problem, I think it's more a problem for girls.
    3.Guys wearing concealer imo is a bit weird..

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

well, i cant judge because my skin isnt always perfectly clear so i dont mind!
    but it depends on the girl and her standards i guess!

Im quite equal though, a guy requires shaved legs and tidyness of me, i require shaved chest and tidyness of him...
    A guy likes me even though my skins not always clear, welll... ditto!

ReputationRep:
    When do you find the time to wash it 4 times..? Surely that dries it out, so then your skin produces more oil.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wash it too many times

ReputationRep:
    Unless spots are past a certain point of reason, they wouldn't put me off! I don't think clear skin is terribly important to a man's attractiveness.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for some reason it puts people off a lot more when girls have spots *shrug*

I currently have a crush on someone with acne, though, so it definitely doesn't bother me. If I fancy a boy, I fancy a boy, no matter if he has some spots or not

ReputationRep:
    No its not that important.....

i'd rather he be cute and have spots than wear make-up :/

As someone to suffers from acne (although it is almost gone with the medication I am on ) I'd say it is important at least to me, I now take washing my face a whole lot more seriously

Cleanse, Exfoliate then Moisturise :sexface: (no more than twice a day mind otherwise you will make your skin worse).

The odd facial mask won't hurt either

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.