The Student Room Group

Girls at bars and clubs for getting relationships

Anon or delete.
Is it a good idea to for meeting girls at bars and clubs to get their number and ask them out. I've been told that relationships that start out like this never do come out well. What do you think? Or is better to know and get girls through other means??

Scroll to see replies

Wow, someone's desperate
Just have an open mind.
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete.
Is it a good idea to for meeting girls at bars and clubs to get their number and ask them out. I've been told that relationships that start out like this never do come out well. What do you think? Or is better to know and get girls through other means??

I'd say most girls at bars and clubs are just looking for a good time, if you're looking for a serious relationship it's not really the place
just go to a club...and go with the flow tbh
My sister met her husband in a nightclub! so yeah it can work sometimes.
Original post by bananabrain

for how long have they been married?
Original post by ShinyLittleTit™
for how long have they been married?

18 months now.. but have been together for 5 years in total.
Reply 8

Well this confuses me, so it is acceptable to ask girls for numbers when at a bar/club?
Reply 9
Step 1) Go out in broad daytime with a non-creepy frame of mind
Step 2) Choose a girl walking on her own
Step 3) Approach said girl with topic of conversation in mind
Step 4) Start conversation with girl
Step 5) Prepare for what ensues next
Well this confuses me, so it is acceptable to ask girls for numbers when at a bar/club?

Yeah it is acceptable! Not all will give it to you though... some are only out looking for a one night thing, nothing longer! But keep trying and im sure you'll find someone :smile: as i said, it all worked out for my sister.
Reply 11
Of course its acceptable. People do get into relationships after meeting at clubs and even more often people exchange numbers, but i would say, dont expect anything to happen. Dont go to a club with the intention of finding a girlfriend.

Just go have fun, meet hot girls, if you like them get their number, see if they wanna see you again, ask them out for a drink, see where it goes
Reply 12
Original post by Dekota-XS
Step 1) Go out in broad daytime with a non-creepy frame of mind

It'll be creepy if you approach a girl in the daytime won't it??
Reply 13
Original post by Lexi99
Of course its acceptable. People do get into relationships after meeting at clubs and even more often people exchange numbers, but i would say, dont expect anything to happen. Dont go to a club with the intention of finding a girlfriend.

Just go have fun, meet hot girls, if you like them get their number, see if they wanna see you again, ask them out for a drink, see where it goes

Is the daytime not acceptable to really do it if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 14
Is the daytime not acceptable to really do it if you don't mind me asking?

It depends on the situation like if you struck up a conversatoion with a girl in a cafe or something, or even the supermarket, and it was going well then that would be ok.

Walking up to a randomer in the street and asking for her number with any 'foreplay' so to speak is a bit weird
Reply 15
Original post by Lexi99
It depends on the situation like if you struck up a conversatoion with a girl in a cafe or something, or even the supermarket, and it was going well then that would be ok.

Walking up to a randomer in the street and asking for her number with any 'foreplay' so to speak is a bit weird

How would you strike up a convo with a girl in a cafe lol? Never seen it before in my life.
Also, let say if I offered to buy a girl a drink at the student union bar in the daytime at uni, won't she find it annoying if I start talking to her if she just wants a drink with her mates after a lecture.
Reply 16
Bars and bups ?

I say no no no and no no
Reply 17
How would you strike up a convo with a girl in a cafe lol? Never seen it before in my life.
Also, let say if I offered to buy a girl a drink at the student union bar in the daytime at uni, won't she find it annoying if I start talking to her if she just wants a drink with her mates after a lecture.

Well she might, you'll just have to gauge her reaction yourself. Some girls wont mind, some will think its weird, you might even just catch her on a bad day. Nothing wrong with at least giving it a go though but remember to back off as soon as you think shes not interested. Nothing worse than a clingy guy who wont leave you alone.
I worked a couple of years ago with someone who met her husband in a bar, some ten years ago.
A lot of people will say no, but I met my boyfriend in a metal club and its been well over 4 years now. So it can work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending