Turn on thread page Beta

Confused over stranger? watch

I'm finding it difficult to the read 'the signs' with a stranger...

I commute by train everyday, then get off and walk to work. Recently, this other commuter caught my eye, I looked at him, then looked away but I felt he was still looking... (this was last week).

Today, I walked part of my normal way then took a different route. The path I took was parallel to my normal route. I looked to my right and this same guy was walking but with his head turned in my direction, he was looking at me again. Granted, I was looking back at him for all this time too but I then looked away and then looked back and he looked at me again... this happened till I passed a wall and could no longer see him.

What on earth does this mean? Am I reading too much into this?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    because this is a forum and you use words to describe what happened, it really sounds like hes going to be lurking around your house at night

but on a serious note, talk to him? you dont get anywhere without trying!

ReputationRep:
    He probably justs finds you attractive so he can't keep his eyes off you! Be fattered, he's hardly going to start stalking you lol! Maybe start walking alongside him or something, a conversation could get struck and who knows where it'll take you! .

ReputationRep:
    Eye contact with strangers is hilarious.

Seriously though, if you felt a bit of a ting, just talk to him. Simples. You'll never know. The worst that could happen is that he will laugh in your face, which to be fair, would be pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's too shy to initiate, and you're thinking " But I'm a girl so I won't approach ".....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    i'm finding it difficult to the read 'the signs' with a stranger...

I commute by train everyday, then get off and walk to work. Recently, this other commuter caught my eye, i looked at him, then looked away but i felt he was still looking... (this was last week).

Today, i walked part of my normal way then took a different route. The path i took was parallel to my normal route. I looked to my right and this same guy was walking but with his head turned in my direction, he was looking at me again. Granted, i was looking back at him for all this time too but i then looked away and then looked back and he looked at me again... This happened till i passed a wall and could no longer see him.

What on earth does this mean? Am i reading too much into this? :s

thanks.
    rape incoming!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.