Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Top Universities in the UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For those who have faith in the ranking system...

Pharmacology and Pharmacy league table of top 20 UK university ranking

* 1 Cambridge
    * 2 Nottingham
    * 3 Bath
    * 4 Manchester
    * 5 Cardiff
    * 6 Strathclyde
    * 7 Queens, Belfast
    * 8 Sch of Pharmacy
    * 9 King's Coll London
    * 10 Bristol
    * 11 Univ Coll London
    * 12 Portsmouth
    * 13 Aston
    * 14 Brighton
    * 15 Robert Gordon
    * 16 Bradford
    * 17 Sunderland
    * 18 Liverpool
    * 19 Leeds
    * 20 Liverpool John Moores

http://www.professional-cv-writingse...-pharmacy.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenHur)
    For those who have faith in the ranking system...

Pharmacology and Pharmacy league table of top 20 UK university ranking

* 1 Cambridge
    * 2 Nottingham
    * 3 Bath
    * 4 Manchester
    * 5 Cardiff
    * 6 Strathclyde
    * 7 Queens, Belfast
    * 8 Sch of Pharmacy
    * 9 King's Coll London
    * 10 Bristol
    * 11 Univ Coll London
    * 12 Portsmouth
    * 13 Aston
    * 14 Brighton
    * 15 Robert Gordon
    * 16 Bradford
    * 17 Sunderland
    * 18 Liverpool
    * 19 Leeds
    * 20 Liverpool John Moores

http://www.professional-cv-writingse...-pharmacy.html
    To be honest even though the following subjects may share a few topics i don't think pharmacy and pharmacology should put in the same league as they are very different from one another e.g medicine and dentistry students attend the same classes in the preliminary years but you wouldn't amalgamate the tables would you?

as this forum's subject matter has recently changed to solely pharmacy i have taken the liberty of filtering out the pharmacology courses to give a more accurate table. (taken from the guardian uni rankings, more of a mainstream publication that the one you used).

1.UEA
    2.Keele
    3.Nottingham
    4.Hertfordshire
    5.Cardiff
    6.Strathclyde
    7.Robert Gordon
    8.Aston
    9.Manchester
    10.Queen's, Belfast
    11.Kent
    12.Bath
    13.Reading
    14.Greenwich
    15.School of Pharmacy
    16.Sunderland
    17.Brighton
    18.King's College London
    19.Kingston
    20.Bradford
    21.Liverpool John Moores
    22.De Montfort
    23.Portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmasaurus)
    To be honest even though the following subjects may share a few topics i don't think pharmacy and pharmacology should put in the same league as they are very different from one another e.g medicine and dentistry students attend the same classes in the preliminary years but you wouldn't amalgamate the tables would you?

as this forum's subject matter has recently changed to solely pharmacy i have taken the liberty of filtering out the pharmacology courses to give a more accurate table. (taken from the guardian uni rankings, more of a mainstream publication that the one you used).

1.UEA
    2.Keele
    3.Nottingham
    4.Hertfordshire
    5.Cardiff
    6.Strathclyde
    7.Robert Gordon
    8.Aston
    9.Manchester
    10.Queen's, Belfast
    11.Kent
    12.Bath
    13.Reading
    14.Greenwich
    15.School of Pharmacy
    16.Sunderland
    17.Brighton
    18.King's College London
    19.Kingston
    20.Bradford
    21.Liverpool John Moores
    22.De Montfort
    23.Portsmouth
    Wait so Greenwich is better ther King's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    Wait so Greenwich is better ther King's?
    lol i never said it was my top 20 pharmacy table. I have heard however that the teaching is pretty bad down there. My friends studying at kings college say the lecturers are more concerned with their research rather than lecturing the students.

ReputationRep:
    lol i never said it was my top 20 pharmacy table. I have heard however that the teaching is pretty bad down there. My friends studying at kings college say the lecturers are more concerned with their research rather than lecturing the students.
    I'm not surprised...that is quite typical of King's tbh

ReputationRep:

1.UEA
    2.Keele
    3.Nottingham
    4.Hertfordshire
    5.Cardiff
    6.Strathclyde
    7.Robert Gordon
    8.Aston
    9.Manchester
    10.Queen's, Belfast
    11.Kent
    12.Bath
    13.Reading
    14.Greenwich
    15.School of Pharmacy
    16.Sunderland
    17.Brighton
    18.King's College London
    19.Kingston
    20.Bradford
    21.Liverpool John Moores
    22.De Montfort
    23.Portsmouth
    haha, I am delighted to see one of the universities that rejected me ( oh God, 'unsuccessful' looks so atrocious in UCAS) is at the bottom of the filtered list,while the ones that graciously offered me a place are at the top. Well, good riddance and I have nothing against your top 20 list:-)

ReputationRep:
    haha, I am delighted to see one of the universities that rejected me ( oh God, 'unsuccessful' looks so atrocious in UCAS) is at the bottom of the filtered list,while the ones that graciously offered me a place are at the top. Well, good riddance and I have nothing against your top 20 list:-)
    Benhur...may I know which one rejected / accepted you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolDude)
    Benhur...may I know which one rejected / accepted you?
    Sorry for the late reply..Bradford rejected me...I wasnt a bit sad...without sounding arrogant,my grades are pretty high.,but I would not want to find out their reason of rejection .I would be glad,if UCAS would remove that **** 'unsuccessful" from the file.. Regarding offers, i am glad that one of the unis i least expected has offered me a place.. but i am still waiting decisions from some and I will share my firm choice when all decisions are in;-)

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply..Bradford rejected me.... Regarding offers, i am still waiting decisions from some ..so i will share when all decisions are in;-)
    Good luck
    Ahh, man...that sucks, sorry to hear that. Oh ok, thank you for letting me know.

PS....I will PM you know. I have one more question to ask.

EDIT: PS....I will PM you now. LOL!

ReputationRep:
    The pharmacology lecturers are the best ones at KCL imo.

ReputationRep:

1.UEA
    2.Keele
    3.Nottingham
    4.Hertfordshire
    5.Cardiff
    6.Strathclyde
    7.Robert Gordon
    8.Aston
    9.Manchester
    10.Queen's, Belfast
    11.Kent
    12.Bath
    13.Reading
    14.Greenwich
    15.School of Pharmacy
    16.Sunderland
    17.Brighton
    18.King's College London
    19.Kingston
    20.Bradford
    21.Liverpool John Moores
    22.De Montfort
    23.Portsmouth
    You can't have Kent at 11 and Greenwich at 14, because Medway school of pharmacy is a collaboration between Kent and Greenwich. Maybe this listed would be better distilled than filtered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturestudent1)
    You can't have Kent at 11 and Greenwich at 14, because Medway school of pharmacy is a collaboration between Kent and Greenwich. Maybe this listed would be better distilled than filtered.
    The list is for both Pharmacology (Biomedical Science-Greewich & kent) and Pharmacy (kent & Green)

ReputationRep:
    The list is for both Pharmacology (Biomedical Science-Greewich & kent) and Pharmacy (kent & Green)
    I understood pharmasaurus to mean that it was altered to reflect only the pharmacy course.

Maybe not only the guardian league table should be used, maybe someone can look into merging the guardian, times and the independent? However, how to solve the conundrum of Kent and Greenwich when both come together as one pharmacy school (Medway) yet they are ranked differently in league tables due to the league tables factoring in pharmacology?

ReputationRep:

1.UEA
    2.Keele
    3.Nottingham
    4.Hertfordshire
    5.Cardiff
    6.Strathclyde
    7.Robert Gordon
    8.Aston
    9.Manchester
    10.Queen's, Belfast
    11.Kent
    12.Bath
    13.Reading
    14.Greenwich
    15.School of Pharmacy
    16.Sunderland
    17.Brighton
    18.King's College London
    19.Kingston
    20.Bradford
    21.Liverpool John Moores
    22.De Montfort
    23.Portsmouth
    Hey, is sunderland any good for pharmacy? It's were I chose to go, eventhough I'm predicted AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkprince216)
    Hey, is sunderland any good for pharmacy? It's were I chose to go, eventhough I'm predicted AAA
    Dont you worry, the school of pharmacy at Sunderland is 90 years rich.That should say a lot about the department. Most Pharmacy schools in the provided list are either new or few years in operation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.