Turn on thread page Beta

I nearly died last night my life is a ****ing mess. watch

(Original post by Brocky800)
    You went out on your own?
    Yes because i was given free tickets and nobody wants to hang out with me. I wanted to go out and if nobody wants to, then whatever i'll still go.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro. Yeah you probably have a problem there - try substituting your alcohol obsession with something else. Religion is a common one, but that's lame. I think possibly some people just have obsessive personalities (I can have my tendencies...) which turns into addiction. In psychoanalytic terms, I think you want to 'assert your authority' by showing how much you can (or can't) drink. Does this sound possible? If so, you are trying to make up for something else, which either you don't have, or you *think* you don't have, i.e. some kind of insecurity. Could it be social insecurity? If so, I sympathise with you. I think you should make more of an effort to initiate conversation with people, and see what makes social cohesion "tick", what's the point in it, etc etc. You've got some thinking to do, Mr! I would generally say that a varied environment is good for thinking - getting smashed on alcohol is all well and good, but if you do it to often, it becomes monotonous and detrimental to your psychological wellbeing, as well as the physical.

Edit: Sorry to sound so cocksure, it always annoys me when people post in that tone. It's just an idea, based on reflecting about myself if anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Er.. I'm a guy.
    that how rumours works, never 100% correct

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute **** you are. I can't stand people like you. Thanks to muppets like you who can't control their drink, some people have to wait ridiculous amounts of time in A & E to be seen to because of genuine accidents but the nurses and what not are too busy tending to your drunk backside because you came in, in a bloody ambulance. It's ridiculous.

EDIT: I can't believe some people are actually condoning his behaviour. Children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Come on, that's just complete rubbish. Why do people say these sorts of things? If someone was having a heart attack, they still would have been seen to by an ambulance - it's not like the NHS is so under-funded that's it's a choice between a drunken man or someone with a heart attack :facepalm: The only bad thing about it was wasted taxpayers' money.
    How do you know? Because that crew of paramedics were helping him... they couldn't help someone else. You can't deny that.

ReputationRep:
    The following is an account of the events that transpired yesterday and almost led to my death. It's a little long so if you don't wanna read it then **** off and troll elsewhere. Got it??

Yesterday was the Annual Welsh Varsity. It's basically Swansea vs Cardiff in a whole range of sports which culminates in a rugby match at the Millenium stadium with Swansea vs Cardiff. Naturally we won and thrashed Cardiff. After we got home 2 of my friends decided they didn't wanna go out after all, so they gave me both their tickets and i just went.

Originally i planned to go for one drink in a bar and then finish off in a club. However bars were opened for longer than usual so i just stayed there and got really hammered. I must've spent about £30 on drinks. £7 on two drinks in Revs, and the rest were Firebombs and Jaegerbombs. I got thrown out of Revs for virtually poassing out in the sink and then hit the club. I was in there for maybe 10 minutes before i just gave in and decided to go home. I don't remember much about the cab ride home. I got into my flat and just passed out on someone's door.

I was dragged into the ktichen and proceeded to throw up all over myself on the kitchen floor. My tongue had to be removed from my mouth to prevent me from choking. An ambulance arrived and i was taken to A&E. The paramedics pricked my finger to check blood glucose, put a weird thing on my thumb to take my stats and also had these weird pad things o both my arms and legs.

I think they were glued on with jelly or something i'm not sure what they were. Anyway my shirt was ripped and i was given blankets. I got a cab ride home at 6:45 which cost me £20.

I woke up in the afternoon. When i got back after my lecture my flatmate posted a pic of me on facebook and i asked him about it and they started abusing me saying i was an ungrateful piece of ****. I just barely got into the flat and tbf i hadn't thought of apologising to them. After the abuse i went into my room for 5 mins and then got them all into the kitchen and than apologised and thanked them for it.

Everything was cool after that and it was as if nothing ever happened.
    I'm still in shock after last night and the abuse i recieved from them. I also feel like **** and haven't eaten all day as my gullet and stomach and mouth just feel like they're on fire. Anyway i'm just a little scared and anxious right now.

TLR Went out last night, spent almost £60 half of that on drinks and ended up in ended up in A&E, virtually half dead. Got abused by my flatmates and just spent the whole day feeling bad. I'm on Citalopram so that didn't help.

What should i do now? I'm a little nervous around my flatmates after them seeing me in that state as they now give me dodgy looks.
    Also do they hate me or view me as a disgrace? When i got up they stuck the pic on my door and one of em called me a ****ing disgrace.

People like you should be billed for nhs services...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    What an absolute **** you are. I can't stand people like you. Thanks to muppets like you who can't control their drink, some people have to wait ridiculous amounts of time in A & E to be seen to because of genuine accidents but the nurses and what not are too busy tending to your drunk backside because you came in, in a bloody ambulance. It's ridiculous.
    Driving is a categorically more dangerous activity than drinking alcohol. Every time you get in a car, you're knowingly putting yourself at risk of going to hospital and using up valuable resources. So why don't you proclaim all the drivers in car crashes to be irresponsible idiots who should be billed for wasting resources? Or mountain climbers that need rescuing? Or people in a boat trapped in a storm who call the lifeguard?

Hypocritical bull****? Just a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Driving is a categorically more dangerous activity than drinking alcohol. Every time you get in a car, you're knowingly putting yourself at risk of going to hospital and using up valuable resources. So why don't you proclaim all the drivers in car crashes to be irresponsible idiots who should be billed for wasting resources? Or mountain climbers that need rescuing? Or people in a boat trapped in a storm who call the lifeguard?

Hypocritical bull****? Just a little.
    Completely different. I don't care if it is hypocritical. Wasting NHS resources on drunk ***** is ridiculous. Bearing mind some of these get in cars and dangerous situations because they don't know what the **** their doing.

I have no sympathy for irresponsible drivers either.

The majority of people doing moutain climbing and people on boats don't ask to be in trouble, accidents happen. People shoving alcohol down their neck for the thrill of it is just plain stupid and they deserve all they get.

Oh just put a **** in ur mouth and choke on it. Yeah i got drunk and out of it. I made a mistake. I'm human. Don't act as if you're so perfect and live life by the rules. And for your information it was quiet night in A&E. There was only me and one other drunk person plus a woman who'd had her foot stepped on so you can just **** off and die in a gutter somewhere, Got it?

Furthermore if you wanna complian about "wasting taxpayer's money go lecture the people in parliament. I'm sure you'd be greeted with a lovely response as well as well deserved savage beating !

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand why you thought you nearly died?

ReputationRep:
    Oh just put a **** in ur mouth and choke on it. Yeah i got drunk and out of it. I made a mistake. I'm human. Don't act as if you're so perfect and live life by the rules. And for your information it was quiet night in A&E. There was only me and one other drunk person plus a woman who'd had her foot stepped on so you can just **** off and die in a gutter somewhere, Got it?

Furthermore if you wanna complian about "wasting taxpayer's money go lecture the people in parliament. I'm sure you'd be greeted with a lovely response as well as well deserved savage beating !
    Thanks for that. You've just proved to me that I am correct in thinking you are a complete waste of space.

Thanks for that. You've just proved to me that I am correct in thinking you are a complete waste of space.
    Anytime. Try not to fall off your high horse, I would hate to see a ******* like you get more retarded.

(Original post by babes :))
    i don't understand why you thought you nearly died?
    Well babes it's because i was put into the recovery position had my blood glucose and stats taken, and i also had these weird rubber patches stuck onto me. They had a small piece of metal on the end. I'm not sure what they were. I had 2 on my arm and 2 on my leg i didn't even see until i got home. Does that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    Anytime. Try not to fall off your high horse, I would hate to see a ******* like you get more retarded.
    Pot. Kettle. Black. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Well babes it's because i was put into the recovery position had my blood glucose and stats taken, and i also had these weird rubber patches stuck onto me. They had a small piece of metal on the end. I'm not sure what they were. I had 2 on my arm and 2 on my leg i didn't even see until i got home. Does that answer your question?
    That's not almost dying.

That's being a little ****ing ******.

Grow a pair, and stop whining.

(Original post by SteveCrain)
    Describe the abuse and I can tell you.
    I got called a ****ing disgrace as soon as i walked into the flat and had no chance to apologise. I found one of my flatmates sticking the pic of me passed out and covered in my own vomit on my door. It was also on Facebook and he removed it after a while for some reason. I was then called a piece of **** and the most ungrateful person ever after asking why the picture was on facebook. He then said that it's because i "inconvenienced" them by being so drunk and covered in vomit.

Count yourself lucky mate, i got 200 quid knicked from my account the other night when i was out on the lash

ReputationRep:
    i was there too
    meh youll feel better about it soon. At some point im sure youll be looking after your friends for some reason. Everyone has there moment. I ended up in a + e after drinking too much once and my friends were not happy with me. I apologised and there over it now. I just have to embrace the jokes they make every time i drink with them.

pm me xx

ReputationRep:
    At least you're ok now. Some people have no sympathy. Yes, OP might have been irresponsible, but it doesn't mean he deserves abuse. All I can say is learn from your mistakes, because if you don't, you won't get further sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    no, just because you had tests done on you etc doesn't mean you nearly died... just that you were ill. the recovery position was just the safest position for you to be in. every day i could say i "nearly died", i mean 20 minutes ago i was throwing up, i could have choked on my sick, omg, i nearly died!! lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.