Turn on thread page Beta

Just been told i look 14 i turn 18 in a month ! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am female.
    If you were a guy I'd understand your feeling so insulted, but since you're a girl it shouldn't matter at all, I actually love being regarded as younger and I turn 19 soon

ReputationRep:
    Don't sweat it, it'll pay off later in life.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 20 I got ID'd for a lottery ticket.
    But the lady said (after apologizing over and over) that it was because I'd kept my sunglasses on and it looked suspicious o.O

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and whenever someone guesses my age they always say 21. Even when I was only 8, which I thought was weird.

ReputationRep:
    I got ID'd for a 15 film when I was nearly 18 -.-

ReputationRep:
    i got id'd for Paul - which is a 15 - and i'm nearly 18 glad i had my provision with me.

ReputationRep:
    I went to my mum's leaving do as her designated driver about 6 months ago (I was 20) and pretty much everyone there thought I was doing my GCSEs. It's all about the relative age. The younger people, like around mid-20s could age me more accurately.

I found it a bit weird, tbh, but mostly cos after I went back to uni I had a couple of months where I didn't get IDed for buying alcohol at all, even at places that ID everyone :O

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 but literally don't look a day over 13 haha, I don't mind, I used to, but my response now is 'At least when I'm 50 I won't look like a wrinkled up scrotum'..... anyways, bit late, but better late than never

ReputationRep:
    Haha, try being 24 and getting ID'd to get a lottery ticket that you have to be 16 to buy.

ReputationRep:
    haha I'm going to be Id'd till i'm 30 !!

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 and get told i look younger usually no older than 18 !

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and I often get mistaken for 16+. Actually got ID'ed for a 15 a couple of months ago (I might have actually been 19 at the time). It was really embarassing at the time, and my friend really annoyed me about it. I just hope that I can rewarded for it in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and last year when I was 17 I got id'd for Football Manager 2011, which is a 3+.. I have my provisional with me all the time so I bet the person serving me felt like a right idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyR2811)
    I'm 18 and last year when I was 17 I got id'd for Football Manager 2011, which is a 3+.. I have my provisional with me all the time so I bet the person serving me felt like a right idiot.
    You must have a hell of a baby face...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T1MMEH)
    You must have a hell of a baby face...
    I don't thats funny, I get id'd in clubs very rarely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was talking to my moms new friend that came to my house in the middle of the day as i have left school i go to college and only have to go for a few hours a day.My mom went to make her a drink and she asked me "Why are you not at school?" I told her that i had left school and i am now at college (with a very shocked look on her face) She replied "Oh i thought you were only about 14" I personally thought this was very rude i mean i am almost an adult this is the last thing i want to be told.

Anyone else get the same thing?
    im 20... i get asked for id trying to buy petrol... you have to be 16 to buy petrol :mad:

least when we're thirty we'll still look like were 20

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 in January, and I have been told I look 14/15 on several occaions. It's only recently that I've stopped being IDd to buy paracetamol, and I'm still forever being IDd for alcohol in supermarkets. Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    I just turned 20 last week and people I've just met very recently told me they thought I was 16/17/18. Hmmm, it's funny that I also wear makeup everyday too, so I wonder how much younger I'd look without it lol.

(Original post by Origami Bullets)
    I'm 20 in January, and I have been told I look 14/15 on several occaions. It's only recently that I've stopped being IDd to buy paracetamol, and I'm still forever being IDd for alcohol in supermarkets. Oh well!
    Wow, I've never ever been ID'd to buy paracetamol before . Though, there was one time when I was 19 and got refused from buying a nail manicure kit in Poundland I think because it had some tiny scissors in it and you apparently have to be over 21 to buy it :lolwut:. Ridiculous, haha, I just ended up buying the product from another store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Wow, I've never ever been ID'd to buy paracetamol before . Though, there was one time when I was 19 and got refused from buying a nail manicure kit in Poundland I think because it had some tiny scissors in it and you apparently have to be over 21 to buy it :lolwut:. Ridiculous, haha, I just ended up buying the product from another store.
    Yeah, apparently you have to be over 16 :/

Wilkinsons once refused to sell me UHU because I wasn't 18, and IKEA won't sell anyone who's under 21 knives.

ReputationRep:
    Someone thought I was 14, and I am 20. I asked a few other people, and no one agreed! Thank goodness.

When I was 14, people thought I was older because I'm so tall.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.