Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they will raise the requirements for 2012 entry to A,* A, A or more?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, even for medicine, they're not changing, because most med schools have raised from AAB to nearly all of them becoming AAA. I don't know about dentistry, but medicine and dentistry both have relatively the same competition. At the moment, only Cambridge is asking for A*AA for medicine, so generally I think it wouldn't change for dentistry either.

ReputationRep:
    most universities have just changed from AAB to AAA for 2011 entry so its very very unlikely they'll go to A*AA for 2012 entry

ReputationRep:
    And given the rise in tuition fees I suspect applicant numbers will diminish so no I don't expect then to change from AAB/AAA.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think they should be raised to A* A* A*. If you cant achieve this grades, you need to find another path in life.

ReputationRep:
    I can't talk for dentistry, but certain medical schools next year are going up to A*AA. Birmingham for example :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy Vezznhan)
    Well, I think they should be raised to A* A* A*. If you cant achieve this grades, you need to find another path in life.
    Honestly dude, dentistry is a waste of time, it should be for those people who fail to get EEE

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that you're getting EEE, isn't it. Stop wasting time on the forum, and maybe you'll stop wasting life.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that you're getting EEE, isn't it. Stop wasting time on the forum, and maybe you'll stop wasting life.
    Ok living life require mind, thoughts and enjoyment of insatiable worlds. A lack of your understanding is clear.

ReputationRep:
    *requires. A lack of your understanding in life is clear. Give up now. Rinsed.

ReputationRep:
    *requires. A lack of your understanding in life is clear. Give up now. Rinsed.
    Giving up now in the prime of life, would be pain beyond belief

ReputationRep:
    Well, its a pain you need to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they will be raising the dentistry requirements beyond AAA in the near future....it is more of a case of meeting this requirement and then excelling at everything else required to be a competent dentist.

ReputationRep:
    Well, its a pain you need to deal with.
    What is your sense, it is indescribable your arrogance of life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrt23498)
    Honestly dude, dentistry is a waste of time, it should be for those people who fail to get EEE
    Why would you say this? It clearly isn't a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that AAA will be the standard offer for both medicine and dentistry for a very long time yet....although those unis who consider themselves to be elite (which given the nature of the 2 degrees is silly) will raise it to A*AA or whatever

ReputationRep:
    AAA will be the standard offer for a long time

ReputationRep:
    No, because that will leave only people with good academics...But unis are looking for high UKCAT, good personality etc. Cambridge requires A*AA for medicine though, because they probably are more in favour of academics than personality.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.