Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could/Would you date outside your race? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I'm white and mostly attracted to white girls but I do find some girls from other races really attractive too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDanishAlmond)
    Hey guys

Im a young black danish female and im mostly attracted to white guys..

Im very shy though so i dont really approach guys..

When i was 15 i got the courage to tell this danish boy i liked him and his response was "youre cool and everything but i dont want a black girlfriend"

my best friend was schocked... (sorry for the spelling) but i guess you cant help what you're attracted to right? it didnt exactly help my confidence at the time and i was so young and insecure as it is. lol...

whats your thoughts on this? and yeah would/could you?
    But I totally understand where you are coming from. I always feel not good enough to date a boy outside of my race because I think that they think black girls are not attractive and would not want to be seen with a black girl. It does damage my confidence too but, we are all beautiful. Just be yourself, because the person who you fall in love with, should love you for being just yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaw1677)
    Forget the boy who said that. Obviously small minded and couldn't see your inner beauty. I'm an open person. Its the personality you fall in love with, looks are just a bonus. I'd date any race or religion providing they are who I love.
    Absolutely this

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Every girl I have ever met of my own ethnicity falls into one of two categories:

1) *****y, whiney, obscenely materialistic pain-in-the-f*ing-ass fashion label slave.
    2) Virtual simpleton with the mind and general awareness of a cartoon character.

Hence, every girl I ever went out with was from a different category. Some of them weren't much better, indeed some were worse.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 MrSmurf

ReputationRep:
    I would love to date outside my race since I really like white girls :yep:. They don't like Oriental guys though :sad:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Yeah of course.

I tend to find a lot of people tend to be attracted to some races more than others (just as you mention particularly liking white guys), so you might find that more guys feel the same way as the one you mentioned in your OP. But there'll be plenty of others who don't have a preference/actively prefer black girls, so I wouldn't worry.
    Why does this get a neg rep?! Weird.

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed I've always been attracted to white guys , but I wouldn't rule out dating a particular race though as you don't know who you're going to fall for.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely!! I didn't see any reason why you couldn't date a guy from a different race..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)
    Inb4 MrSmurf
    Just made it tbf.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course I would date someone outside of my "race".

It is a ridiculous mental barrier we create. The only difference between people of difference "race" are minute physical appearances which don't even matter.

I don't give a damn about their physical appearance.

For me it is the actual personality of the girl, that really matters.

ReputationRep:
    Black Danish...............?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzayBT)
    im mixed race myself, so im open to all racial AND religious backgrounds. of course, i have my preferences though.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Can we start an Internet campaign to get MrSmurf laid?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely would date outside my race, considering I tend to be attracted to mixed race guys. You'll find people, everywhere, who prefer their own race cos that's what they're used to. it's just human nature, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    ... yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I would love to date outside my race since I really like white girls :yep:. They don't like Oriental guys though :sad:.
    So I see...your still up to your usual eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I might be a Johnny-come-lately to this particular ongoing theme, but is it not remotely possible that "white girls", or indeed any girls just don't like you?

I mean, I don't know you or anything, but you present yourself as a real loser.

ReputationRep:
    I would never date someone outside my race. I think it'll be an insult to my family because Iam unfortunately and always will be:

A Robot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.