Turn on thread page Beta

Did anyone do really badly in their mocks but well in the real exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering because I had my mocks for Philosophy and Ethics and I got my result for Ethics and I got an amazing...E. I was surprised since I assumed that even the tiny bit of revision that I did should have at least got me a D.

I don't know what went wrong with me as, for GCSEs, I'd revise for even the smallest of tests but now I didn't for a mock. I did have a lot of extra stuff going on but I wish I could go back to that weekend and prioritise Ethics above everything else. And I will definitely work hard for the real exam.

The situation is really bad though My teacher is furious (only one girl in the entire class revised so everyone has done badly) and I am getting a letter sent home and have to speak to the head of year I'm predicted an A and got 4 grades below that - it's laughable :lol: Big difference to the A*s I got in my GCSEs lol.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else did atrociously on their mocks and well in their exams. Just for reassurance really :p:

Edit: I got a C in my Philosophy mock!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Its easy.

I went from like 30% or maybe 40% in my S1 Mock to 97% in the exam last year. Someone else went from like 20% to 100%.

/Thread

ReputationRep:
    It's AS level, it's a step up from GCSE and if you want the grades you have to work. If you put the effort in now you could probably get that A in the real thing.

I always revise for my mocks because I'm obsessive and a perfectionist :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    You didn't revise so you didn't do well. Don't sweat. Just start revising then do a past paper and if you still fail then worry.

ReputationRep:
    I got from 18% to 60% in biology unit 4 (first A2 exam) by doing 2 weeks' intensive revision. It's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    It's AS level, it's a step up from GCSE and if you want the grades you have to work. If you put the effort in now you could probably get that A in the real thing.

I always revise for my mocks because I'm obsessive and a perfectionist :getmecoat:
    That's a good thing! Perfectionism is good
    Yeah I'll definitely step it up over Easter I don't want to make excuses on here since it's pointless but basically I hardly revised. I made notes but didn't read through - ROOKIE error. Lol it's like I've forgotten how to be a student (this is literally my 2nd or 3rd test, including other subjects, that I have had since my GCSEs - it's just started to hit me!)

ReputationRep:
    You guys are making me feel better actually Even though I wasn't feeling that down to begin with but it just seems like everything has come at once. I'm getting my Philosophy mock results tomorrow so hoping for a D! It felt like it went a lot better than Ethics so I hope it did.

ReputationRep:
    I U'd a business mock, got an A in the real thing.

*feels smug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    That's a good thing! Perfectionism is good
    On an academic level yes, but in terms of being a functioning and sociable human being, it's really, really not. :teehee:

(Original post by s_123)
    Yeah I'll definitely step it up over Easter I don't want to make excuses on here since it's pointless but basically I hardly revised. I made notes but didn't read through - ROOKIE error. Lol it's like I've forgotten how to be a student (this is literally my 2nd or 3rd test, including other subjects, that I have had since my GCSEs - it's just started to hit me!)
    :zomg: how could you have had so few tests? My history teacher along has given us two this week! I suppose having the teachers constantly on at you does ramp up your motivation levels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    I U'd a business mock, got an A in the real thing.

*feels smug*
    I approve (Y)
    That is pretty damn impressive

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: how could you have had so few tests? My history teacher along has given us two this week! I suppose having the teachers constantly on at you does ramp up your motivation levels...
    I know, it's insane. We haven't really had time in our syllabus whereas GCSE we used to have an assessment after each topic. We're barely going to finish the syllabus (especially in English) and the exams are really early this year (I finish all mine before half term). Not to mention all the bank holidays, inset days and the royal wedding!! Ahhhh stress!
    Yeah I feel as though I've suddenly had to jump back into revision mode for the first time since GCSEs (although I did a bit of revision in Easter) whilst everyone else had Jan modules so they had their 'wake-up call' back in November and I've just experienced mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I know, it's insane. We haven't really had time in our syllabus whereas GCSE we used to have an assessment after each topic. We're barely going to finish the syllabus (especially in English) and the exams are really early this year (I finish all mine before half term). Not to mention all the bank holidays, inset days and the royal wedding!! Ahhhh stress!
    Yeah I feel as though I've suddenly had to jump back into revision mode for the first time since GCSEs (although I did a bit of revision in Easter) whilst everyone else had Jan modules so they had their 'wake-up call' back in November and I've just experienced mine
    tell me about it, I've got to cover the entire Nazi domestic policy part of my history course before June, learn S1 (haven't done a tap - we're supposed to be "self studying" while the teacher teaches C2 :teehee: ), magically learn how to speak French, and complete my CoPE coursework portfolio. :cry:

Don't worry, you're out of practice but it'll come back Make a revision timetable and get all your revision stuff together and try to motivate yourself. I keep the possiblity of having to repeat modules in my mind as an incentive to keep working :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it, I've got to cover the entire Nazi domestic policy part of my history course before June, learn S1 (haven't done a tap - we're supposed to be "self studying" while the teacher teaches C2 :teehee: ), magically learn how to speak French, and complete my CoPE coursework portfolio. :cry:

Don't worry, you're out of practice but it'll come back Make a revision timetable and get all your revision stuff together and try to motivate yourself. I keep the possiblity of having to repeat modules in my mind as an incentive to keep working :afraid:
    Ugh good luck!
    Yes I better do that! I wish I wasn't going on holiday for the first part of Easter now :p: Defos taking revision with me! Thank you for your help btw

ReputationRep:
    i did

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah it always happens to me. I'd get Cs,Ds,Es in my mocks but do much better in the actual exams, probably due to the increased pressure and actually taking them seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank God! I don't know why my teacher has taken it so seriously. It was obvious she was really upset about the results and had probably cried over them I hope we can do her proud in the summer though :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got Us in all my mocks, came out with A/B. I'm the type of person who does about a week of intense revision before the exam though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I'm just wondering because I had my mocks for Philosophy and Ethics and I got my result for Ethics and I got an amazing...E. I was surprised since I assumed that even the tiny bit of revision that I did should have at least got me a D.

I hadn't done Religious Studies at GCSE and I was getting Cs and Ds and the teachers refused to predict me more than a B "at a push" but in the real thing I got 100% in philosophy and 92% in Ethics. I didn't change anything either.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.