Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which political party is best? Pro's and con's. Just for a discussion.

Its all about lpuk.

But surely the answer depends on your ideology!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    why the communist party of great Britain

Guess I should add this is sarcastic...

ReputationRep:
    Im not asking which party i should prefer, i already know that. Im simply creating a discussion between people on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    why the communist party of great Britain

Guess I should add this is sarcastic...
    So which party do you actually prefer?

ReputationRep:
    The scope for discussion is too wide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    The scope for discussion is too wide!
    How? Pick a party which you like and say how great they are. Or pick a party you dislike and say why. Someone will, undoubtedly come along and disagree with you, then you argue back. Simple harmless fun.

ReputationRep:
    The one at my house tonight.

Bring ur own drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    The one at my house tonight.

Bring ur own drinks.
    Sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    Sounds good!
    If you stay after 2... it'll be a sex party

No condoms, i don't like the feel of latex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    If you stay after 2... it'll be a sex party

No condoms, i don't like the feel of latex.
    Haha, very good!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, very good!
    Hahaa... yeah im just joking...:goodnight:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So which party do you actually prefer?
    Right now the Conservatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Right now the Conservatives.
    So what are the main things which attract you to the Conservatives? What dont you like?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So what are the main things which attract you to the Conservatives? What dont you like?
    Labour lost creditability over the years I wanted a change. I liked some of the Conservatives policies on the EU human rights ect. I felt that under labour there had been an erosion of civil liberties.

ReputationRep:
    Which political party is best? Pro's and con's. Just for a discussion.
    The Labour Party is the ONLY morally just major political party. The Lib Dems have shown themselves to be nothing but a pack of cowardly liars, and the Tories, as everyone knows, are all about wealth preservation for the very rich using fake morality to con the middle and working classes into voting for them.

Throughout modern British history, the betterment of society has always been brought about by Labour. The NHS, fair wages, equal rights, better working conditions...you name it - Labour.

A vote for the Tories or Lib Dems is a statement of stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    The Labour Party is the ONLY morally just major political party. The Lib Dems have shown themselves to be nothing but a pack of cowardly liars, and the Tories, as everyone knows, are all about wealth preservation for the very rich using fake morality to con the middle and working classes into voting for them.

Throughout modern British history, the betterment of society has always been brought about by Labour. The NHS, fair wages, equal rights, better working conditions...you name it - Labour.

A vote for the Tories or Lib Dems is a statement of stupidity.
    So you think Labour are a good party to vote for without a shadow budget? Im a member of the Labour party by the way, just wondering if you think they should have a replacement budget?

ReputationRep:
    So you think Labour are a good party to vote for without a shadow budget? Im a member of the Labour party by the way, just wondering if you think they should have a replacement budget?
    I'm not aware of any opposition that has had a full, comprehensive shadow budget...ever. And even if that were not the case, I don't see how it's a reason not to vote for them. It's the government's job to set the budget, and the opposition's job to scrutinise it.

We have given our general plan, and that is to half the deficit over 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I'm not aware of any opposition that has had a full, comprehensive shadow budget...ever. And even if that were not the case, I don't see how it's a reason not to vote for them. It's the government's job to set the budget, and the opposition's job to scrutinise it.

We have given our general plan, and that is to half the deficit over 4 years.
    Yes but most partys have policy's set before 12 months of being in opposition. I joined the Labour party before Ed Miliband became leader, now i like Ed but do you not think Labour should set out at least some policys? Im a member and i havent got a clue what policys are. Arguing with friends who are members of other political partys is a nightmare, i basically have nothing to come back with as i dont know any policys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Labour lost creditability over the years I wanted a change. I liked some of the Conservatives policies on the EU human rights ect. I felt that under labour there had been an erosion of civil liberties.
    What about economically? Do you agree with the Tories on their cuts?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.