Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else interested in celibacy watch

Hi. Please keep anon. I'm in my mid-20s and had a few sexual experiences with prostitutes. I used to be desperate for a relationship with a girl, but I'm not sure I care any more. The idea of starting a sexual relationship, with virtually no experience at my age is something I find very difficult. I know 'your never too old to learn' but I'm not sure I want to anymore. Most people's sexual lives starts at a much younger age and I realise there's more to life than sex and relationships now. I think I'll try and focus on work instead.

It seems mad, because girls used to drive me crazy, but I'm not sure I really care now.

ReputationRep:
    I've considered celibacy until marriage so that the girl knows that she's the only person I have loved and the things I have sacrificed for her.

Celibacy for your reasons? Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    I practise it but it is involuntary - to keep hormonal acne away; absolutely sucks...

ReputationRep:
    feel sorry for you!

Exactly in the same position as you and I share your feelings OP but celibacy is abit extreme.

(Original post by hanaalou)
    feel sorry for you!
    Irrelevant. If you haven't got anything useful to say, keep quiet.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you guys are ****. Go for some lay, brahs.

ReputationRep:
    Your basically trying to change from being the guy who can't get laid, and being the guy who chooses not to get laid. Either way you still failed in your sex life. Not saying sex is the be all and end all, but from what you've said it sounds like you once cared, and now don't... because you failed.

I was like you. Years going by and nothing would ever go right for me, I just couldnt get laid, so I decided to not care. Then I got a girlfriend and sex is incredible. You can't say sex isnt for you when your only experience is with prostitutes.

ReputationRep:
    No. I most certainly haven't.

It's unnatural. Blunt but true. For a biologist, it's unthinkable (obviously).

Get out of the mind-set that no-one will ever like you. If you think like that, thats how people will treat you.

If you think like that, you've just commited self-fulfilling prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah My girlfriend wanted the same thing untill we got married. She wasn't to pleased when she found her sister gagging on my balls.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do it.
    (Original post by James4d)
    Especially after seeing your sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Irrelevant. If you haven't got anything useful to say, keep quiet.
    you're in your 20's and you've given up on women. clearly just pretending you don't want to get laid because you can't. tragic.

(Original post by hanaalou)
    you're in your 20's and you've given up on women. clearly just pretending you don't want to get laid because you can't. tragic.
    I'm not the OP... Go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    You can keep your filthy ideas about celibacy to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    No, i ****ing love sluts.

Just to avoid confusion, I am the OP, as someone else has posted anonymously in here. I don't think it's impossible to get a girl to like me, but having been sexually inactive for the last 10 years, it feels a bit late to start. Think about it. I was desperate for a sexual relationship and had to accept that I couldn't have one, so you develop a way to cope with that.

There's the feeling that I would be a let down to a woman I slept with as she would be expecting someone more experienced and skillful. Many men much younger than me are bound to be much more expert lovers. I'm a proud person and I don't like that comparison.

ReputationRep:
    im 25 and in the same boat. but after a few years of singleness, your mhomones die down and you dont miss it much. also the single life is pretty cushy if you have a decent wage and fun job. eating angel delight for dinner, coming in whenever you want, going wherever you like, everything is tidy how you left it, no worries about cheating, if you want to spend all day in bed reading [email protected] novels you can.... its cool relationships are overrated. people are too selfish to expereicen true love nowadays, they only know of self love and hedonism. all girls are drunk vajazzling bar skanks, and all guys are chavs or playahs. where are the normal decent educated moral people. nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Celibacy?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/124...y_laughing.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara78)
    i blame this f**** up society ,people have no religion no morals and values thats why
    exactly my point

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I was interested more so that it was thrust upon me unwillingly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.