Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice about which of the following subjects would be the best to study with law, at the moment I'm leaning towards psychology but I'm worried that sounds a bit 'wishy washy', so to speak. By 'best' I mean which would be the most respected, or which would give me more options afterwards etc.)

LLB Law with:
    English Literature
    History
    Psychology
    Sociology
    Criminology
    Politics

I'm aware that the general consensus is that its best to study law by itself, but at this moment in time I'm not 100% certain that I want to pursue it as a career, at least not directly after graduating. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I'm not so sure you should be going for the most respected option, I mean this is a degree for the next 3 years of your life. Do you have a keen interest or fancy to any of the subjects you've listed?

Some of the subjects do, of course, overlap - Politics and Criminology gel well with certain Law modules.

I'm aware that the general consensus is that its best to study law by itself, but at this moment in time I'm not 100% certain that I want to pursue it as a career, at least not directly after graduating. Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Few people actually go into a legal profession after graduating with a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I'm not so sure you should be going for the most respected option, I mean this is a degree for the next 3 years of your life. Do you have a keen interest or fancy to any of the subjects you've listed?

Psychology is the hardest science in the list, the others are also well-respected subjects which could open up options, but not too any great or significant extent. They do overlap, of course, Politics and Criminology gel well with certain Law modules.

Few people actually go into a legal profession after graduating with a law degree.
    Thanks for your reply I do like the idea of doing psychology, it would only be 2 modules a year as law obviously takes up a big chunk of time, but I think I would enjoy it nonetheless. I guess I'm just getting stressed and as you said, its 3 years so its best to do something I enjoy (given that law won't exactly be a riveting experience ). Thanks again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.