Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls just not like tennis..........? watch

ReputationRep:
    In the club where I play, I cannot think of a single girl under 50 (actually one 14 year old). Ilive in Surrey in just a normal town. I was hoping to play mixed doubles but there's not really anyone to play with younger, which is a shame. I don't understand why girls don't play, its a great sport. Do you just not like it or cant be assed?

ReputationRep:
    I love tennis. I''m veryy competitive at itt.. I often scream and swear and go "UUUHHHH" when I hit the ball.

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loling909)
    I love tennis. I''m veryy competitive at itt.. I often scream and swear and go "UUUHHHH" when I hit the ball.
    :coma:

I know loads of girls that play it, I'm sure will start where you are eventually.

ReputationRep:
    A fair few girls play it, there are 2 in my tennis class who are abot 15/16

I'm pretty sure one of them is just there because her boyfriend is the assistant coach and I think the other one's there because she's friends with the first one

ReputationRep:
    I'm a BAMF at Wii Tennis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    A fair few girls play it, there are 2 in my tennis class who are abot 15/16

I'm pretty sure one of them is just there because her boyfriend is the assistant coach and I think the other one's there because she's friends with the first one
    lol, thats typical

ReputationRep:
    You'd get on very well with a friend of mine, she's 17 and adores tennis, when it's on I hear of nothing else and she's 17. The minute she sees those little neon balls flying around she's gone and become engrossed in it, even if it's little year eight girls and boys playing tennis in P.E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeaw)
    I'm a BAMF at Wii Tennis.
    :sexface: WII sports Tennis :coma:

ReputationRep:

lol
    lol, I make all sort of disgruntlled noises when I hit it... well not tht bad I guess, just effort sounds as I am brutally competitive. But yeh, thats the thing the old ladies look like they're loving to play and I think girls do enjoy it but don't bother playing much for some reason?

ReputationRep:

lol
    I like playing tennis, though I must admit that I am bad at it. I just dislike watching tennis, or any sport really, on TV because I don't see the point of it. It always makes me feel so lazy haha

ReputationRep:
    I like tennis but haven't really had the chance to play much and not sure I'd be that good as I haven't played it much. I did play it the other day I was alright at playing tennis , even though I'm terrible at badminton.

ReputationRep:
    Girls generally will not play any sport past the age of 14 unless they are particularly good at it.

ReputationRep:
    I want to join my local tennis club to start playing it as a hobby, but I'm afraid that all the members will be old people, and I'm 16.

ReputationRep:
    =O
    i play tennis in my university's women's team ^^ as well as with my boyfriend in mixed doubles in a park.

singles = im mostly serve-and-volley.......
    doubles = im always at the net because of my height (reach), and ability to volley.............whereas my boyfriend is the one on the baseline (he's a lot faster and fitter than i am, so he's far better at running + retrieving balls i don't get). we have won far more than we have lost :3

ReputationRep:
    Tennis is a beaut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    lol, I make all sort of disgruntlled noises when I hit it... well not tht bad I guess, just effort sounds as I am brutally competitive. But yeh, thats the thing the old ladies look like they're loving to play and I think girls do enjoy it but don't bother playing much for some reason?
    Haha Yeah same here..and it's really lOUD as well to release the pressure and when I lose I go mad and throw the racket...one time my sister punched through it and her hand went through the net...no wait that was badminton.

ReputationRep:
    Is this all just a euphemism for your girls playing with your balls?

ReputationRep:
    Haha Yeah same here..and it's really lOUD as well to release the pressure and when I lose I go mad and throw the racket...one time my sister punched through it and her hand went through the net...no wait that was badminton.
    This one time, at tennis camp........lol. Just thought of Michelle frm American Pie when you said one time for sum reason. Your sister sounds like a 13 year old version of me on the court.......i.e a psycho, haha. I threw a racket at my sister's boyfriend across the net, altho actually that was short tennis racket but I just sae red. I used to bear him a fair amount and he was like 7 years older than me, in fact I was prob part of the reason they broke up cos he just used to come round and play tennis with me whilst she sat and jus watched tv, lol...good times

ReputationRep:
    You live in Surrey, everyone is busy supporting Manchester United.

I scream and go "UUUHHHH"
    :sexface: :sexface: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    What? I love tennis, it's one of the sports I'm good at.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.