Turn on thread page Beta

Tips needed on staying awake all night watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheens)
    ......without feeling the need to rest my head on the desk....
    Having an essay due in the next day always helps. Failing that a pile of good movies, diet coke, black coffee, a big bar of galaxy and a multi-pack of jaffa cakes. Saying that last time I successfully stayed awake all night I spent it on the bathroom floor with my head down the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    Is the forum assistant thing an April Fools perchance :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    black coffee with sugar and a big bowl of cashews. Have a cold/mild shower mid-way through your all nighter, works a charm. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...ys-all-nighter

ReputationRep:
    Most important of all DO NOT MASTURBATE/***K if you're a guy.
    With that said I call it a day off.Good night TSR and good night forum assistant,me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cold shower or splash face with cold water. Keep yourself busy. Don't sit/lie down for too long and don't get too warm and comfy. Lots of caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    :rofl:

Apparently you're one :P

ReputationRep:
    Put some darkk music on ... makes you hyped But then might make you want to go out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Yeah thats what I'm wondering too. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Stay cold.
    Stay uncomfortable.
    Sit by a window and have it open.
    Have snacks every now and then but never fill yourself up.
    Stay well hydrated with moderate amounts of caffeine. Lots of caffeine will give you diarrhea and a massive come down when it all wears of.
    Most importantly get your tunnel vision on. Set goals and targets with time targets and work like hell to get them. You'll be amazed how fast time flies when you barely have time to look at it.

ReputationRep:
    TSR

ReputationRep:
    Eat something, have tea or coffee, don't lie down... last time I stayed up all night I just watched Terms of Endearment, pretty good film to pass a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    LOADS of water, coffee and energy drinks. is this not quite an obvious question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeLee---x)
    Coffee and more coffee?
    apparently coffee only wakes you up if you have a caffeine addiction.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, wtf I just realised what's going on! Cool TSR! Anyway on topic, mine is to just sit up straight directly and do not get lazy and comfortable or else you'll fall asleep!

ReputationRep:
    Drink a heck of a lot of water and coffee. Between the two you'll have to pee every halfhour, making you get up, get active and less likely to fall asleep. On the downside it kinda interrupts any actual work...

ReputationRep:
    I pull an unhealthy number of all nighters. The only way is to power through it really. Do NOT let your brain trick you into having a 'nap', because you WILL end up waking up at 5pm feeling like crap. The thing with all nighters is once you're out, you're out until your body decides to wake you up. Alarms won't do ****. Tiredness will come in waves, you just have to get through it.

ReputationRep:
    Keep a comedy programme on in the background ( I recommend The Big Bang Theory). Stay out of your bedroom, go for a walk when morning comes.

ReputationRep:
    drink coffee

ReputationRep:
    Be occupied all the time. Drink some energy drink. Don't eat. Open the window from time to time. Stay away from the bed.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.