Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the chances he will call or text Watch

ReputationRep:
    I work part time temporarily at a high brow restaurant. About a month ago I walked into a certain room I dont normally frequent and this guy who works on another team started talking to me. I thought nothing of it. Did the occasional shift here and there (I work minimal hours) There was a point where I was certain he was flirting with me he would compliment me on the way I looked, always said hi when he walked past etc

It is very difficult to have people of different teams spending ages chit chatting since we all have our different roles so our convos were limited to quick 2 min "hey. how are your guests doing?" and that was it. I was convinced I was wrong about him being interested when I showed up yesterday for a shift ( I go in about twice a week) and he spotted me zeroed in on me quickly and asked me to go out Friday. I was obv chuffed and said "yeah" He sort of loitered around and to put him out of his misery i gave him my number (2 of my colleagues saw and that has started a bit of a rumour )

I am very careful about being the subject of gossip as there have been wild rumours started especially when i spend awhile talking to a certain guy so after giving him my number yesterday I saw him today and I just said "hi" as I walked past, smiled etc

I am just worried that he would think I was ignoring him or not interested. Does my going back over to give him my number signify enough interest or openness on my part? Sure I could have just given him a vague response about meeting up for a night out on Friday and not said much more

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the ball is now in his court and you can chillax.

I hope you have found this post assisting.

ReputationRep:
    1/1000000000

Happy?

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    If he does not ring one. Make him rather jealous by flirting with your manager within clear view of this boy; if that does not work then have sex with your boss and make sure the rumour gets spread so he hears and tries to get a bit of the action.

Thank me later

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is a "forum Assistant"?

Anyway...You're looking to much into i and over analysing it. The question is, almost ironically, what can an analysis of you over analysing it tell us about how you're currently feeling?
    It sounds like right now you're so scared of something, be it gossip, rejection, or something else (I know, that wasn't vague AT ALL!) that you're projecting loads of meaning into things. It could be the case he will text you. Or he has had problems with his phone. The number was mis-typed.
    He may even be thinking it's a day earlier right now, than it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)

Anyway...You're looking to much into i and over analysing it. The question is, almost ironically, what can an analysis of you over analysing it tell us about how you're currently feeling?
    It sounds like right now you're so scared of something, be it gossip, rejection, or something else (I know, that wasn't vague AT ALL!) that you're projecting loads of meaning into things. It could be the case he will text you. Or he has had problems with his phone. The number was mis-typed.
    :dontknow: I've been wondering this too!

ReputationRep:
    Its quite a big honour awarded to a very select few. You can put in on your CV.

Whats the date today again btw.

ReputationRep:
    forum assistant of TSR you can put that on your CV?

and how do you become one i'm willing to invest a large amount to recieve this privilege

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppp)
    forum assistant of TSR you can put that on your CV?

and how do you become one i'm willing to invest a large amount to recieve this privilege
    You have to save the life of a fellow TSR user and then put it on youtube.

ReputationRep:

Tbh I was just worried that I hadnt shown enough interest which is impossible to do whilst at work (it is claustrophobic and everyone watches everyone else). I am terrified of gossip, not so much rejection as he was the one who asked me. To be fair he only got my number last night. I just hope he does as it will be great to see him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    :dontknow: I've been wondering this too!

April Fools joke me thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    April Fools joke me thinks
    Yeah, just realised it's on mine as well...reluctantly I'm actually agreeing with you.

ReputationRep:
    This has to be the funniest April fools of all time "forum assistant"

i seriously can't stop laughing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.