Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    who has recieved the pre-release material??
    what kinds of question could they ask?
    plus which bit of he text book is this from..i'm currently on a gap year so i have no teacher to ask
    should i revise c1,2,3,4,5, or 6??

any help will be appreciated a LOT.

The articles called "Bolivian Bonanza"

ReputationRep:
    hey, my teacher gave us a little leaflet of some questions he made up as to what he thinks could come up
    try revising c1, c4 and c5.
    questions:
    1. Compare the pros and cons of lithium ion batteries and nickel metal hydride batteries
    2. Suggest why nickel metal hydride batteries are being replaced by lithium ion batteries for use in green cars.
    3. Describe the processes by which Lithium can be extracted from its ore. Use diagrams where poossible.
    4. Suggest the environmental impact of using lithium as a source of power in cars, laptops, cameras and mobile phones.
    5. Suggest what happens to the molecular structure of the lithium ore when it is dissolved in water. Why do you think this is done?
    6. Suggest how using lithium ion batteries meets the requirements of the government legislations on innovative green chemistry.
    7. What do you know about the properties and reactions of group 1 metals?
    8. State clearly why people believe poliition levels are linked to global warming.

Hope that helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.