who has recieved the pre-release material??
what kinds of question could they ask?
plus which bit of he text book is this from..i'm currently on a gap year so i have no teacher to ask
should i revise c1,2,3,4,5, or 6??
any help will be appreciated a LOT.
The articles called "Bolivian Bonanza"
x Turn on thread page Beta
OCR chemistry,ideas in context?? watch
- Thread Starter
- 01-04-2011 01:52
- 27-04-2011 22:30
hey, my teacher gave us a little leaflet of some questions he made up as to what he thinks could come up
try revising c1, c4 and c5.
1. Compare the pros and cons of lithium ion batteries and nickel metal hydride batteries
2. Suggest why nickel metal hydride batteries are being replaced by lithium ion batteries for use in green cars.
3. Describe the processes by which Lithium can be extracted from its ore. Use diagrams where poossible.
4. Suggest the environmental impact of using lithium as a source of power in cars, laptops, cameras and mobile phones.
5. Suggest what happens to the molecular structure of the lithium ore when it is dissolved in water. Why do you think this is done?
6. Suggest how using lithium ion batteries meets the requirements of the government legislations on innovative green chemistry.
7. What do you know about the properties and reactions of group 1 metals?
8. State clearly why people believe poliition levels are linked to global warming.
Hope that helps