who has recieved the pre-release material??
what kinds of question could they ask?
plus which bit of he text book is this from..i'm currently on a gap year so i have no teacher to ask
should i revise c1,2,3,4,5, or 6??
any help will be appreciated a LOT.
The articles called "Bolivian Bonanza"
x Turn on thread page Beta
OCR chemistry,ideas in context?? watch
- Thread Starter
- 01-04-2011 02:54
- 02-04-2011 17:53
We received a list of 15 questions to revise i hope they help:
1.what are the ads and dis ads of using lithium ion batteries rather than nickel-metal batters in electric cars?
2. what could be the environmental effect of increasing the extraction of lithium ore from Bolivia
3. what could the benefits be for Bolivia in increasing lithium ore extraction?
4. what are the physical and chemical propereties of group 1 elements?
5.use your knowleged of ionic structures to explain the properties of lithium chlordie
6. describe what happens to the ions when lithium chloride is dissolved in water
7. use ideas about ions to explain why molten lithium can conduct electricity when solid lithium chloride does not
8. what would you expect to see at the anode and the cathode when molten lithium chloride is electrolysed
9. explain what happens to the ions when a molten lithium chloride is electrolysed
10. exaplinw hat happens to the ions when lithium choldride solution is electrolysed
11. write half equations for the reactions at the anode and cathode when molten lithium chloride is electrolysed
12. write ha eqautions for the reactions at the anode and cathode when aqeuos lithium chloride is electrolysed
13. write a word equation and chemical equation including state symbols for the following reactions:
lithium and oxygen
lithium and water
14. write a balanced symbol equation for the reactions in question 13
15. why does the reactivity increase when going down group 1 metals?
I know this does not exactly answer your question but hopeful you will find these useful
- 14-04-2011 13:16
Is there any chance you have questions for the other 2 articles? - I'd reaaallllly appreciate themLast edited by Scooby1964; 14-04-2011 at 13:17.
- 01-05-2011 15:28
yeah sophie if you have questions for the other sciences it would me much appreciated
- 24-05-2011 18:58
Anyone got the answers to those questions?