Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron today earlier announced that the UK has plans to help Palestine.

Full story below:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/31/cameron-plans-west-bank-rescue

We're not the police of the world.
    Discuss your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about other countries/people?

Really... :/

ReputationRep:
    I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    I see what you did there.
    Forum Assistants, WTF is thisssss

ReputationRep:
    Ok I smiled at that one

ReputationRep:
    Since when has tricking people about major, distressing events involving the lives of hundreds/thousands/millions of people been "April fools"?

I'm not being "overly sensitive" or saying it must be banned or anything, but I don't find it remotely funny.

Though it was obvious it was an April fool from the title...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Forum Assistants, WTF is thisssss
    It's most likely April Fool's. I assume it's why you've got that username, and it's probably only for those with 1000+ posts or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nice try :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Since when has tricking people about major, distressing events involving the lives of hundreds/thousands/millions of people been "April fools"?

I'm not being "overly sensitive" or saying it must be banned or anything, but I don't find it remotely funny.

Though it was obvious it was an April fool from the title...
    :cry:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    :cry:?

Aren't you hilarious... (Though I'm curious as to why your reaction to not finding something funny is crying - do you perpetually switch between joy and tears?).

I guess I would have been more impressed had people actually made up stories about something vaguely believable, or if they insist on doing something stupidly obvious, at least something interesting or funny.

EDIT: Based on the reaction in this thread, it seems I'm out-of-touch on what April fools are actually meant to be nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Aren't you hilarious... (Though I'm curious as to why your reaction to not finding something funny is crying - do you perpetually switch between joy and tears?).

I guess I would have been more impressed had people actually made up stories about something vaguely believable, or if they insist on doing something stupidly obvious, at least something interesting or funny.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.