This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why do public school people try and spoil things with such bad and almost offensive comments?

I can assure you many very rich and powerful people went to compresenve schools.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
LAbour is mostly run by ex-public school or selective school MP's. What do you think?
Not true.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
Im just owndering why independant schools shouldnt be abolished if we stand a chance as a nation to have equality!!!!!
You lot are off your rocker. They tried communism. Lifes not fair. Deal with it.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Not true.
Your on glue.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
So basically if i believe in social justice and equality for everybody in this society irrespective of their backgrounds I am labelled a communist.....
If this is a debate I need sound counter arguments to my claims apart from pure anecdotal uterrances!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So basically if i believe in social justice and equality for everybody in this society irrespective of their backgrounds I am labelled a communist.....
If this is a debate I need sound counter arguments to my claims apart from pure anecdotal uterrances!
This is a bit controversial for me but I feel *some* people from public schools feel the need to justify why their mummy and daddy paid £15k or what ever for their education so they make up loads of things which are not true about comprehensive schools.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You lot are off your rocker. They tried communism. Lifes not fair. Deal with it.
I don't think they ever tried abolishing the public school system though. I've seen some very good arguments for the existance of public schools (not in this thread though), but I find it rather funny how insecure you feel about the privelidged class and their ability to remain in existance when people start questioning it all. You're seriously screwed when you step into the real world btw.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your dad has a fast car and a good job. My dad doesn't, that's unfair. I demand equality. We should all have sh*t cars.
This amounts to the same as banning public schools
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Life isnt fair. At the end of the day for society to work we need people to do menial jobs which most people dont want to do. These people come from your beloved bog standard comps. Not all but most. For political and economic reason they cannot afford or even want to go to university.

There is however some people who excel from ordinary backgrounds. Indeed, the most successful entrpeneurs tend to be from poor backgrounds. My girlfriends grandad is a great example of this. On the whole though success breads success, and it is therfore the case that people who go to selective and private schools do better in life.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
Your dad has a fast car and a good job. My dad doesn't, that's unfair. I demand equality. We should all have sh*t cars.

Here, here.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No it doesn't. There's a difference. One is education, a vital necessity in everbody's life, the other is a car. The opportunity to own a fast car is an incentive to work hard, the opportunity to goto private school isn't.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I don't think they ever tried abolishing the public school system though. I've seen some very good arguments for the existance of public schools (not in this thread though), but I find it rather funny how insecure you feel about the privelidged class and their ability to remain in existance when people start questioning it all. You're seriously screwed when you step into the real world btw.
I already am in the real world. I live with my girlfriend on our own in a city where we have never been before for two months now. Our familys are extremely wealthy but my girlfriend is working so that we can afford to live here while I do my work experience. We dont leach, never asked for any money. I'm going to University later this year, I admitt my dad will be paying for me, but who wouldnt pay for their childs education if they could?
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No it doesn't. There's a difference. One is education, a vital necessity in everbody's life, the other is a car.
Are you arguing then that people in the state system are not provided with an education?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Life isnt fair. At the end of the day for society to work we need people to do menial jobs which most people dont want to do. These people come from your beloved bog standard comps. Not all but most. For political and economic reason they cannot afford or even want to go to university.

There is however some people who excel from ordinary backgrounds. Indeed, the most successful entrpeneurs tend to be from poor backgrounds. My girlfriends grandad is a great example of this. On the whole though success breads success, and it is therfore the case that people who go to selective and private schools do better in life.
Here's an idea, how about the least able and least motivated people do the menial jobs (regardless of their background) and the most able do the most demanding jobs (regardless of fheir background).
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you arguing then that people in the state system are not provided with an education?
A poor education which lacks resources, an unnecessarily poor education, an UNFAIRLY poor education.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I already am in the real world. I live with my girlfriend on our own in a city where we have never been before for two months now. Our familys are extremely wealthy but my girlfriend is working so that we can afford to live here while I do my work experience. We dont leach, never asked for any money. I'm going to University later this year, I admitt my dad will be paying for me, but who wouldnt pay for their childs education if they could?
That actually isn't the real world, I mean if you ever have to mix with the proles.`
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A poor education which lacks resources, an unnecessarily poor education, an UNFAIRLY poor education.
That's the government's fault, not the private system's
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here's an idea, how about the least able and least motivated people do the menial jobs (regardless of their background) and the most able do the most demanding jobs (regardless of fheir background).
Life doesnt work like that. In theory I agree with it, but life is not fair.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's the government's fault, not the private system's
Even though the private schools are taking the best resources?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Life doesnt work like that. In theory I agree with it, but life is not fair.
How do you know it doesn't? When was the last time you tried it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
29.63%
No (16)
59.26%
Don't know (3)
11.11%

Watched Threads