Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rootcanal)
    Haha I thought the same! Well I applied for endcliffe because it's the nicest and houses the most students so I thought there'd be moreof chance that there would be another Muslim girl in my flat. I rang up today to ask if they house people with the same dietary requirements together and she said not really as we are a multicultural uni. But i said what if there's other people asking for the same thing, so she said ok maybe just email the accommodation office with your requirements so that's what I'm going to do.
    yes that sounds right because according to the website the flats there can have 3-10 people so as long as all the muslim girls email the office it should be ok.. i know another girl who may be coming as well so i'll make sure me and her send the email.

ReputationRep:
    i live in opal 2 at the moment and two of my flat mates are muslim, and there does seem to be a good muslim community within opal, but i think that is mainly due to the international nature of the halls

if you look at applying to opal email them directly because they are quite accommodating to peoples needs and would try to place you somewhere appropriate but you would have to make the effort to contact them

(also if you apply to opal, apply through opal's website rather than through the uni because it ends up being about 15£ a week more expensive when you go direct through uni!)

ReputationRep:
    Assalaam alaikum/ Hello Im a student that is looking for a place to stay for the year 2011 (east london) and would want to start renting just before the beginning of September 2011. I would like to live with female muslims and am hoping to start this search early so that we may be able to get a group together and find a house before the academic year starts. Well thats the plan anyway, inshallah it works out.... well if your interested and also have the same requirements, please get in touch... salaamz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hastheg)
    Hey I'm looking for student accommodation in Sheffield (preferably a modern apartment) with fellow Muslims. :eek: My intention isn’t to create race hate, but due to the dietary requirements it would more practical if I was with a group of Muslims. I'm not too fussed as to where, but as long as it’s decent.

Hello contact me, i have perfect rooms for you in my house , just £35 per week, close to city centre and universities, furnished house, 1 t.v room one store room, has garden as well, no contrat. i need room mates as soon as possible. 3 rooms availabe in my house , so chose the one that you wish. you or any one can contact me . these rooms are still availabe and i am looking forward to fill them untill 1st of Suguest 2011. Thanks, any questions
    just contact me: Muhammad Shakeel: [email protected] or 07917502413

ReputationRep:
    Spare room muslim all girl flat sheffield

Hello

I have a room in a flat of muslims girls that needs to be filled as i can no longer take the room! Must be another muslim girl! Contact me for more details! Its in opal 1 and is very good distance to both universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehra)
    Assalaam alaikum/ Hello Im a student that is looking for a place to stay for the year 2011 (east london) and would want to start renting just before the beginning of September 2011. I would like to live with female muslims and am hoping to start this search early so that we may be able to get a group together and find a house before the academic year starts. Well thats the plan anyway, inshallah it works out.... well if your interested and also have the same requirements, please get in touch... salaamz
    If you can't get a place you can always try to be a lodger, I know a lot of Bengali's generally rent a room off

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 31, 2011

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.