Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right now im at uni and ive signed up to join the army and i should be going in for minimum 6 years as a information systems officer once i finish my degree, but im also in the territorials part time, i was wondering if its gonna be more or less the same thing? Right now im just doing railroad work and drills etc.. Has anyone been in both and sen much of a difference?

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea - but I have just bumped this thread, so someone who does know might see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    Right now im at uni and ive signed up to join the army and i should be going in for minimum 6 years as a information systems officer once i finish my degree, but im also in the territorials part time, i was wondering if its gonna be more or less the same thing? Right now im just doing railroad work and drills etc.. Has anyone been in both and sen much of a difference?
    That really is quite a strange question.

Depending on what particular aspect of the regular forces you are talking about, It would seem obvious that working as a full time Army Officer will be completely different to going to the TA once a week.

If you're not familiar enough with how the Regular Army works to figure it out maybe you should start to worry! More to the point you would not have passed selection if you didn't have the slightest clue about Army life.

In fact I've just checked the Army website and can't seem to find the "Information Systems Officer" job. The nearest I can find is Information Systems Supervisor which is a non-commissioned role and you can't join in that post directly from the street.

Care to elaborate a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    No mate... Just... No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.