Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I signed up for the army and they pay my tuition fees and give me grants and i should be going in as an officer for a minimum 6 years after my degree. But recently i took a role as an IT tutor at a local community centre to teach IT classes in the evenings and im beginning to fall in love with teaching.

But i have a couple of questions, will this tutoring role really help me get a place on a PGCE and im not sure about my career prospects in teaching, is it hard to find work as an IT teacher? Im guaranteed work at the moment but i have a sneakt suspicion i maybe shipped to iraq (im a coward).

And does anyone know if i pay off my own tuition fees and pay back my grants if i would be able to not go into the army, you know if i like changed my mind?

ReputationRep:
    LOL You go to university AND sign up for the army at the same time?
    Wasn't avoiding crappy jobs the whole point of university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    you really don't understand how it works, do you? I mean at all? Seriously?

OP, you'll be fine for going into teaching unless you are signed up for some tours.

ReputationRep:
    Do the army not employ teachers?? I might have misunderstood this but it reads like the army could pay for your uni and PGCE then you could teach in the army (not front line ).

http://www.tips4jobs.co.uk/job-bank/...on-officer.php

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for IT teaching as you said that you didn't want to go to Iraq. And if you love teaching and teaching profession then you must have go for it. There are opportunities in IT teaching.

ReputationRep:
    yerv the army need teachers for there bases in like Germany an stuff where you'd teach the soldiers kids

ReputationRep:
    It's true my Granddad was in the RAF and when they were based in Germany my dad got taught my RAF trained teachers. They might pay for your PGCE it's worth an ask. If you still wanna stay with the Army that is.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.