Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to turn acquaintances who are popular into good friends? watch

Any advice?

It'd really make me a lot of new friends if I could turn these popular acquaintances that I know into real friends. It'd be so helpful...

ReputationRep:
    Why are you only targetting the popular ones, you never heard of supply and demand?

What silly questions.

(Original post by py0alb)
    Why are you only targetting the popular ones, you never heard of supply and demand?
    I'm not targeting them but many of my acquainatcnes are really popular - I didn't notice initially but now I'm starting to notice whenever I pass them by or ask them to do stuff and their busy and now I have no idea how I could ever be their friends

ReputationRep:
    Voodoo hex always works

ReputationRep:
    By not being the sort of person who has to ask this kind of question.

ReputationRep:
    now why would you want to ask and do such a thing? whats wrong with just making friends the normal way? im loosing hope in the next generation..

ReputationRep:
    By not being so pathetically desperate would be a start

ReputationRep:
    I know a bunch of "acquaintances" who seem just like you.
    I'm totally cool being around them, and I don't mind meeting up once in a while if I feel like it. But some can get really annoying, keep calling me "the man" and telling me how amazing I am. This is not what friendship is, this is desperation.

Equally, trying to be over cool and careless is just as annoying. Just be yourself, speak your mind and deal with it if someone gets pissed off. Much more relaxing.
    I can't stand having living headaches around me.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them "Do you like rusty spoons? " then when they WTF say:" its a Salad fingers reference" then declare "the feeling of rusty spoons against my salad fingers is almost orgasmic" then when they back away and say "what the hell?" tell em its a flash movie. Then ask "can we be closer friends?".

Works every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    Ask them "Do you like rusty spoons? " then when they WTF say:" its a Salad fingers reference" then say "the feeling of rusty spoons against my salad fingers is almost orgasmic" then when they back away and say "what the hell?" tell em its a flash movie. Then say "can we be friends?".

Works every time.
    I second this. Do it in a large crowd. Everyone will think you da man.

ReputationRep:
    By not being overly concerned about the issue to post a thread and sound desperate would be a start.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.