Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, okay I am in my first year at uni and last term I met this really amazing guy and we fell for each other straight away. We've been going out for around 6 months now and I honestly think he's the most lovely and romantic guy ever. He always texts me these really romantic texts and when we're on uni vacations and at our respective homes he always stays in contact regularly.

My concern is this: this Easter vacation we agreed to meet up and see each other otherwise we would both go insane! So we arranged for him to take the 4 hour train journey down to stay with me for a few days in about a weeks time, but since then he's gone all quiet, which is really unlike him Haven't heard from him (phone, text, facebook) for a while now and when I text him, he'll send back 1, maybe 2 texts then just stop replying. He says he's fine but I'm worried I've done something to upset him

Any ideas?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Call him?

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh probably doing coursework?

ReputationRep:
    You're reading too much in to it I think.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could ask him..?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above, try calling him and ask. But don't chase too much cus it could come across as clingy. I'm sure he is just busy with uni work etc I always read way too much into things, so I know how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    You're reading too much in to it I think.
    Worse thing you can do is read into it too much - that insecurity will boil up and cause arguements..

ReputationRep:
    dont get too serious or attached to this guy.. EVERY-ONE knows guys are afraid of getting serious :/ .. chill and good luck

ReputationRep:
    My ex did that when he was meant to come stay at mines for two weeks... He stopped talking as much for a few days, then about 5 days before he was meant to come to mines he just completely stopped talking. Ignored me for a week. He said it was because he was nervous about meeting my family and didn't want them to not like him and him be stranded in Scotland (as if!) He was coming from London to Scotland.

But hey, that's my experience. Ask him why he's being off with you. He could just be genuinely busy... but it seems like things were really good before so my bet is he's just been busy!

ReputationRep:
    Make the four hour trip to see him and ask him face to face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahT94)
    dont get too serious or attached to this guy.. EVERY-ONE knows guys are afraid of getting serious :/ .. chill and good luck
    :curious:

Thank you to all that replied to me original post - I think things are okay, I'll be able to tell properly when he comes to visit which I CANNOT WAIT FOR!!! (haven't seen him for 3 weeks)

Yeah, maybe he is just nervous about staying at mine for the first time - he insists that he isn't but....? Thanks for the advice guys and I guess that time will tell :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.