The Student Room Group

Another rejection :(

Scroll to see replies

take the hint... you're unwanted and unloved
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by blue_shift86
I went to my favourite chinese restaurant today, then rock climbing, then to the museum of london and then to swiss cottage library but it was full of smelly old men who were hogging all the decent newspapers so i came home and played internet checkers! :wink: - in t he morning i had a 1/2 hour phone interview before i did all the above :smile:

What about you? What's your story? :smile:

Well, I'm usually in college from Monday to Thursday, and Friday is pretty much the start of my weekend :grin:. Today I went to my usual charity shop job, where I'm a volunteer retail assistant. Which is pretty fun, but I am really dying for an actual paid retail job already! Been applying for them non-stop since September with no luck :frown:

I also had a driving lesson today. I used to be really crap and scared of driving when I first started to learn, but now I'm really proud of myself of how far I've come in that I've improved so much. My instructor hasn't quite given me the OK to do my test yet, but hopefully soon now *fingers crossed* :grin:. And when I do finally have a full licence and a car (I want a Fiat 500) then hopefully it may be that much easier to get a job :yep:
Reply 22
take the hint... your unwanted and unloved

your = you're

Spoiler

OP check your CV. If you're lacking experience I suggest you do some volunteering or work experience to increase your chances.If you're already doing this then check your CV again!

Good Luck!
Reply 23
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Ah, I'm the same, OP. And I don't even have a degree or good A Levels like you do OP :eek2: :s-smilie: :sigh:

I will probably just give up for now until college has finished.

Poor A-Levels / Degree / etc. are not the be-all-end-all when applying for a graduate job. Your personality, enthusiasm, and "flair" are quite important especially for those lovely HR folk. :cool:

Original post by gilesthewhale
omg. how much of a loser is someone who cant even get a grad job?

lol. The way things are atm, getting to an Assessment Centre is worthy of putting down on your CV under the "achievements" section.
Reply 24
Original post by Jeremy Vezznhan
Whatever Trevor. I'm ALWAYS right.

you clearly have some problems, where are you from? Hypocritical aren't you?
Original post by Knowslian
Poor A-Levels / Degree / etc. are not the be-all-end-all when applying for a graduate job. Your personality, enthusiasm, and "flair" are quite important especially for those lovely HR folk. :cool:

lol. The way things are atm, getting to an Assessment Centre is worthy of putting down on your CV under the "achievements" section.

I don't have a degree at all, so graduate careers are kinda out of the window right now :o:. Unless I do decide to do one later, I'm not too sure yet.

And are you serious about that last bit? Is it worth noting on my CV that I got to a Harrods Assessment Centre for Xmas temps, even though I didn't get the job at the end?
Reply 26
I don't have a degree at all, so graduate careers are kinda out of the window right now :o:. Unless I do decide to do one later, I'm not too sure yet.

And are you serious about that last bit? Is it worth noting on my CV that I got to a Harrods Assessment Centre for Xmas temps, even though I didn't get the job at the end?

i'm 99.9% sure he was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:
Reply 27

Lol, I was joking. Please don't put anything like that on your CV! :tongue:
Reply 28
So i've just got another rejection. Got rejected by RBS, PWC, goldman sachs, jp morgan, barclays, and loads of other places :eek: - oh and i also got rejected from adhoc stuff like data admin, admin, reception, supermarket jobs. Am I not fit to work or something? No idea why i'm being rejected so much :frown:....anyone else been rejected again and again? It's like failing an exam - that same sort of feeling every time a rejection comes in. It's kind of driving me crazy :s-smilie:

dude it's hard to get a job, rejections are the norm, got 3 jobs from like over 50 applications, and 2 of those took months to get back to me so it's nothing personal
Reply 29
I once got rejected from McDonalds. MCDONALDS. I don't know about where you live, but where I live, McDonalds is staffed by morons.
I went there once with my boyfriend, our food came to £7.58 or something. We gave them £10 cash, and they gave us £7.58 change. WHAT THE HELL?! WHO HIRES THESE MORONS?!

Sorry, I needed to rant. -.-
i'm 99.9% sure he was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Original post by Knowslian
Lol, I was joking. Please don't put anything like that on your CV! :tongue:

:lol: Fair enough, I just thought I'd check, just in case :o:
Original post by dmz
dude it's hard to get a job, rejections are the norm, got 3 jobs from like over 50 applications, and 2 of those took months to get back to me so it's nothing personal

:curious: They can take months to get back to you? :s-smilie: I'd kinda assumed that once it's been a few weeks with no feedback from an application, that they're not interested, and will never be unless you contact them again :dontknow:

Original post by Hazular
I once got rejected from McDonalds. MCDONALDS. I don't know about where you live, but where I live, McDonalds is staffed by morons.
I went there once with my boyfriend, our food came to £7.58 or something. We gave them £10 cash, and they gave us £7.58 change. WHAT THE HELL?! WHO HIRES THESE MORONS?!

Don't feel too bad, I've been rejected my McDonald's a few times too, as have many other people too. And that's a funny story there - did you keep that extra change? :teehee:
Reply 32
:curious: They can take months to get back to you? :s-smilie: I'd kinda assumed that once it's been a few weeks with no feedback from an application, that they're not interested, and will never be unless you contact them again :dontknow:

I applied in september and they got back to me in March :confused:
Original post by dmz
I applied in september and they got back to me in March :confused:

Well done to you :smile:. So there is still hope for me then? :puppyeyes:
Reply 34
Well done to you :smile:. So there is still hope for me then? :puppyeyes:

haha, i'll give you a job :tongue:
Original post by dmz
haha, i'll give you a job :tongue:

I'd love you forever if you did give me one :grin:
Reply 36
Don't feel too bad, I've been rejected my McDonald's a few times too, as have many other people too. And that's a funny story there - did you keep that extra change? :teehee:

Damn right I did. If they are actually that thick, they deserve to be berated by their manager for losing money.
To be honest though, it's very likely I spent it at another McDonalds, which kinda voids my original protest-like action.
Just casually making myself sound like a fatty, here :borat:
Reply 37
Original post by Hazular

why are you complaining? You got a bargain! :biggrin:
Original post by mrt23498
you clearly have some problems, where are you from? Hypocritical aren't you?

How about you stop trolling? :colone:
Don't worry, just sort out your c.v. etc. The economy is in a mess at the moment. It's not your fault, really, if you can't get a job. In the meantime, just continue applying to anything (but tailor your c.v. to it if you can). I applied to LOADS of jobs unsuccessfully, but I actually just got a job after having messed up both my interviews because the other girl didn't speak much English. Also, maybe try applying to events agencies? I'm apparently able to work for LOLA Events now (although I messed up the test for that, too). do think it would be good to apply for casual work while you're looking for something else. Good luck! :-)
Also, isn't there any extra training/courses that you can do? I
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending