The Student Room Group

Another rejection :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jeremy Vezznhan
How about you stop trolling? :colone:

this is not trolling, this shows your indecent thoughts about life. why not you look in the mirror, and see your failure at life and how people do not care what you say
Original post by mrt23498
this is not trolling, this shows your indecent thoughts about life. why not you look in the mirror, and see your failure at life and how people do not care what you say

I think that you meant to say; " Why don't you look in the mirror."
Obviously you care what I say otherwise you would not have started trolling. I'm clearly not a failure, I attend Oxford and gained 4 A's at A level. My wit is far superior to yours hence why you cannot seem to comprehend it. I suggest you move on, and understand that not everyone is going to agree with your somewhat 'different' views on life.
Reply 42
Obviously you care what I say otherwise you would not have started trolling. I'm clearly not a failure, I attend Oxford and gained 4 A's at A level. My wit is far superior to yours hence why you cannot seem to comprehend it. I suggest you move on, and understand that not everyone is going to agree with your somewhat 'different' views on life.

Alright which college? What A levels? And I don't care, I'm just wanting to prove my point, that life revolves around seeing the world as it really is

Comments like this make my day - whipping out the old "I go to Oxford" card... Maybe you do, maybe you don't - there is no way of knowing.

However, attending Oxford and getting good A levels (the same as me but I went to "****ty" Manchester university...) does not mean you are better than anyone. Forums are for helping fellow people out with problems and not for trying to look "hard" on the internet.

Grow up.
Reply 44
woo hooooo! I just got two more rejection emails in my inbox! :biggrin:....At least I had a great day working out! :P
Reply 45
Original post by CharlotteM/
Don't worry, just sort out your c.v. etc. The economy is in a mess at the moment. It's not your fault, really, if you can't get a job. In the meantime, just continue applying to anything (but tailor your c.v. to it if you can). I applied to LOADS of jobs unsuccessfully, but I actually just got a job after having messed up both my interviews because the other girl didn't speak much English. Also, maybe try applying to events agencies? I'm apparently able to work for LOLA Events now (although I messed up the test for that, too). do think it would be good to apply for casual work while you're looking for something else. Good luck! :-)
Also, isn't there any extra training/courses that you can do? I

hiya, thanks for taking to time to reply. I am applying for casual work yup (out of desperation!). And i'm looking into plumbing training courses and stuff like that - going to see if i can get on a subsidised course or something because I can't afford the full wack up front!
Reply 46

you are a retarded mother ****er - boasting about you having gone to oxford and ****. As the other poster said, GROW UP. And as a commoner - your wit and attitude is the most inferior known to man.
Reply 47
Original post by gilesthewhale
omg. how much of a loser is someone who cant even get a grad job?

gtfo
OP sorry if ive missed you saying it, but what are you a levels, what degree do you do/have you done, what grade in your degree etc?
Reply 49
Original post by Callipygian
OP sorry if ive missed you saying it, but what are you a levels, what degree do you do/have you done, what grade in your degree etc?

4A's in maths, f. maths, geog and physics, 2:1 in UCL geophysics degree. And yup, i'm still jobless! Applied to comet and a data admin job yesterday evening. Fingers crossed i get it! (knowing my luck i probably wont:s-smilie:)
Original post by blue_shift86
you are a retarded mother ****er - boasting about you having gone to oxford and ****. As the other poster said, GROW UP. And as a commoner - your wit and attitude is the most inferior known to man.

Do you come on here to give people abuse? I was simply standing up for myself. i've worked incredibly hard to get to where I am, and I'm not afraid to talk about it. Surely if you've worked hard too you would be proud?
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
Comments like this make my day - whipping out the old "I go to Oxford" card... Maybe you do, maybe you don't - there is no way of knowing.

However, attending Oxford and getting good A levels (the same as me but I went to "****ty" Manchester university...) does not mean you are better than anyone. Forums are for helping fellow people out with problems and not for trying to look "hard" on the internet.

Grow up.

Slightly contradicting yourself dont you think? At which point have I said Manchester is ****y? I applied there also, however its not my fault that Oxford accepted me, surely you too would pick Oxford over Manchester?. I'm not implying that i'm better than anyone else, you seem to have come to that conclusion yourself.
Original post by mrt23498
Alright which college? What A levels? And I don't care, I'm just wanting to prove my point, that life revolves around seeing the world as it really is

Colchester Royal Grammar School. Where do you go?
Biology, Maths, Economics and French. Yourself?

I do see the world as it really is. Hence why I worked incredibly hard to get where I am now, you can't become successful from going to a second rate uni and having poor A- level results. Surely you realise this in todays society. Working hard gives you a better chance.
Reply 53
Do you come on here to give people abuse? I was simply standing up for myself. i've worked incredibly hard to get to where I am, and I'm not afraid to talk about it. Surely if you've worked hard too you would be proud?

yes, but no need to boast about what you've achieved. A little bit of modesty goes a long way. No need to feel you are superior to other people because that just makes you inferior.
Slightly contradicting yourself dont you think? At which point have I said Manchester is ****y? I applied there also, however its not my fault that Oxford accepted me, surely you too would pick Oxford over Manchester?. I'm not implying that i'm better than anyone else, you seem to have come to that conclusion yourself.

This will be fun...

1. You didn't imply you were better than others... you expressly stated it. Your words "I attend Oxford and gained 4 A's at A level. My wit is far superior to yours "
Sounds to me like you attend Oxford and therefore your "wit is far superior" and therefore you are better than someone else.

2. You applied to Manchester as well? An earlier post of yours on another forum where you got abuse was "I didnt apply here. Oxbridge only". Your words!. So, you seem to be saying earlier that you ONLY applied to Oxford and Cambridge? But now you are saying you applied to Manchester too? Also, I may be wrong but I thought you could only apply to one of Oxford or Cambridge

3. You say you went to Colchester grammar school. I know nothing about it but see it a bit strange that your location is Chelsea and you went to a school in Essex? I don't know how grammar school works though so this could be normal. I went to the local state school you see. Also, it is funny how (after checking out Wikipedia) that school is one of the best in the country. Quite convenient.

4. I agree I shouldn't have implied you would think Manchester is "****ty". I just assumed you would say it was based on your previous comments. For example, you said in a previous forum: "UCL? Why even consider applying there. If thats all you can achieve in life, then why bother. Give up now. It lacks the prestige which Oxbridge has." As UCL is probably more "prestigious" than Manchester, I assumed you would consider Manchester as rubbish.

5. in a previous post you spell "despicable" wrongly and then go on to say to another poster "Just from this problem and your language, I can tell that you attend a state school.". I went to a state school and i can spell that word correctly. From your reasoning, you would assume that I went to a grammar school?

6. You CAN be successful even if you don't do well academically. Of course you can! Sportspeople, actors, musicians, etc. The list is endless.

Thanks for reading. Back to work now for me.
Reply 55
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
This will be fun...

1. You didn't imply you were better than others... you expressly stated it. Your words "I attend Oxford and gained 4 A's at A level. My wit is far superior to yours "
Sounds to me like you attend Oxford and therefore your "wit is far superior" and therefore you are better than someone else.

2. You applied to Manchester as well? An earlier post of yours on another forum where you got abuse was "I didnt apply here. Oxbridge only". Your words!. So, you seem to be saying earlier that you ONLY applied to Oxford and Cambridge? But now you are saying you applied to Manchester too? Also, I may be wrong but I thought you could only apply to one of Oxford or Cambridge

3. You say you went to Colchester grammar school. I know nothing about it but see it a bit strange that your location is Chelsea and you went to a school in Essex? I don't know how grammar school works though so this could be normal. I went to the local state school you see. Also, it is funny how (after checking out Wikipedia) that school is one of the best in the country. Quite convenient.

4. I agree I shouldn't have implied you would think Manchester is "****ty". I just assumed you would say it was based on your previous comments. For example, you said in a previous forum: "UCL? Why even consider applying there. If thats all you can achieve in life, then why bother. Give up now. It lacks the prestige which Oxbridge has." As UCL is probably more "prestigious" than Manchester, I assumed you would consider Manchester as rubbish.

5. in a previous post you spell "despicable" wrongly and then go on to say to another poster "Just from this problem and your language, I can tell that you attend a state school.". I went to a state school and i can spell that word correctly. From your reasoning, you would assume that I went to a grammar school?

6. You CAN be successful even if you don't do well academically. Of course you can! Sportspeople, actors, musicians, etc. The list is endless.

Thanks for reading. Back to work now for me.

Doubt he will respond to this.
Reply 56
you can always go on the game for the time being.. pretty easy stuff, good money, laying down most of the time.. get to meet people
Reply 57
I haven't even gotten to the interview stages yet :/
Should I hide my exam results and not put them on my CV or something?
Original post by Staker
Doubt he will respond to this.

Yeah, you are probably right. I would be very impressed if he did though...
Reply 59
Colchester Royal Grammar School. Where do you go?
Biology, Maths, Economics and French. Yourself?

I do see the world as it really is. Hence why I worked incredibly hard to get where I am now, you can't become successful from going to a second rate uni and having poor A- level results. Surely you realise this in todays society. Working hard gives you a better chance.

You didn't understand my question. LOL!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending