Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from the verbal reasoning tests?

Today is the day we find out if we're through to the next round isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I was wondering if anybody would ask about this...

I haven't heard back, I know 2 other people who have applied and they haven't mentioned that they've heard anything either, although i haven't directly asked them.

I thought the site said we will hear 'by April 1st' if we were successful (so i've been checking my e-mail all week!) but perhaps it is just today...

Good luck, fingers crossed!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back yet either, but on a different section of the website (under 'apply' rather than 'application tips'), it says:

"If you are successful at this stage, we shall contact you on Friday 1st April by email"

I'm really curious to know how many applicants they have had this year and how many people they are taking through to the next stage.

I have everything crossed but the competition is crazily fierce!

Good luck to you both!

ReputationRep:
    Thank god its not just me!

getting nervous and finding it hard to write my dissertation...

ReputationRep:
    Phew! I'm glad others haven't hear either.. was wondering if the whole thing was going to turn out to be an elaborate April Fool's joke...

ReputationRep:
    there's a bit of chat here about the BBC PTS; http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/media...terview?page=1

apparently the BBC Trainees twitter account posted this earlier today: "UPDATE: To add extra tension.. the successful emails won't be going out until the end of the day. Fingers crossed!"

I'm with you PabloCoke, can't concentrate on my dissertation at all today...

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting to hear back, anxiously checking my emails! I know a few people who have applied and no-one else has had an email either. 5 mins till the end of the working day, so fingers crossed we hear soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm curious to see how other people felt they did in the verbal reasoning test? because I think mine was a complete disaster and I still haven't heard anything yet so I'm not sure if its time to give up hope.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how I did. The timing was close so there wasn't time to go over the answers. I don't know anyone who has heard yet so don't give up hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webbyo)
    Hi, I'm curious to see how other people felt they did in the verbal reasoning test? because I think mine was a complete disaster and I still haven't heard anything yet so I'm not sure if its time to give up hope.
    I thought it was bloody hard!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well I didn't even make it to the last question argh! I thought I was a quick reader but that just seemed crazy. Well hopefully someone will hear something soon and get the ball rolling, fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my e-mail and i've been shortlisted for the next stage! Anyone else? They sent it at like 6pm

ReputationRep:
    congratulations! i haven't heard anything yet....... doesn't bode well

ReputationRep:
    well done, I'm still email-less too

ReputationRep:
    Also, i forgot to answer that i thought i had done REALLY badly in the verbal reasoning test, i always feel like they're trying to trick you, and the clock counting down in the corner doesn't help! I never did very well in practice tests either...

So i wouldn't worry, i doubt they focus much on the test!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! xx

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend got the shortlisted email at 6pm too. No email for me. I wonder if they will send rejection emails?

ReputationRep:
    If I have been rejected, I would like to know! This way I can take some minutes to shout angrily at the screen and then move on....

ReputationRep:
    Hate to say it, but I think that if you have been successful you'd have been contacted today. On the site it says if you are successful you'll be contacted on April 1st.

I think those of us who haven't been contacted today, haven't made it through to the 'pitch' round. I'm sure they'll contact us at some point to tell us we haven't been successful but I'm guessing it won't be today.

Congratulations to all of you who've got through and good luck for the next round!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think you're right, oh well, onwards to new ventures. Good luck with your pitches!!!

ReputationRep:
    yippy! got email at six! onwards and upwards!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.