Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got the rejection email monday night...SUCKS!

ReputationRep:
    I got the email at 6pm bang on as I was on a coach from London to Dublin! Found it hard not to squeal in my seats.

Sent off my pitch today. So nervous. I have no idea how it will go down! I got the impression I did it to the best of my ability, but whether that is good enough, or what they're looking for, I have no bloody clue!

How's everybody else doing with this? Similarly, anyone have an idea of the sort of numbers that applied:got sifted to pitch stages?

Good luck all.

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph41190)
    I got the email at 6pm bang on as I was on a coach from London to Dublin! Found it hard not to squeal in my seats.

Sent off my pitch today. So nervous. I have no idea how it will go down! I got the impression I did it to the best of my ability, but whether that is good enough, or what they're looking for, I have no bloody clue!

How's everybody else doing with this? Similarly, anyone have an idea of the sort of numbers that applied:got sifted to pitch stages?

Good luck all.

Sophie
    I wasn't incredibly happy with my pitch but at least i got something in!
    Somebody gave a talk at my uni in March about the PTS, she said they usually get around 3-4000 applicants and then about 800 people get asked to do a pitch, hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Just wondering, does anyone know when those of us that have submitted a 1-minute pitch will hear back?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola1807)
    Somebody gave a talk at my uni in March about the PTS, she said they usually get around 3-4000 applicants and then about 800 people get asked to do a pitch, hope that helps.
    Do you also know how many make it through to the assessment centre stage?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.L.A)
    Do you also know how many make it through to the assessment centre stage?

Many thanks
    I think she said about 100 but i'm not too sure about that.

I don't know when we're supposed to hear but i'm guessing some time in May - there's a Twitter account - BBC Trainees - which provides updates on the various stages of all the BBC schemes, if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    I'm awaiting the results of my pitch at the mo - it's nerve-wracking as anything!

ReputationRep:
    waiting to hear back about the pitch too, would be an amazing to get through but then there are still two more stages after that, its exciting. Checking email everyday expectantly, should be in the next couple of weeks I think.

if there are 800 people left and 100 people going to the next stage thats a 1 in 8 chance...I like those odds

ReputationRep:
    From what the person on the BBC Training twitter said, we'll hear within the next few weeks cause they're still sorting through the pitches

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, anyone heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    the twitter said people should start hearing back from next wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    Hello #PTS people. Recruitment have all the short-list results so will start getting back to you this afternoon. It may take a few days!
    They posted this an hour ago on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd let you all follow two threads

Gist of it: we'll hear today or tomorrow

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/media/bbc-pts-2011

ReputationRep:
    It's been updated to say that it's today or tomorrow, which could mean the next week :P

ReputationRep:
    well i got my rejection letter this morning...as did a few others here... http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/media/bbc-pts-2011

surely you're not all still waiting

best of luck if you are though (yn)

ReputationRep:
    I got through! *wipes brow*

ReputationRep:
    BBC says no. *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph41190)
    I got through! *wipes brow*
    well done! hope you keep us posted on the rest of the process...and not just to rub it in :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samgaunt)
    well done! hope you keep us posted on the rest of the process...and not just to rub it in :mad:
    Um...haha, don't worry...no danger of that I will, once I hear more...I think there are trickles of info regarding time/place of assessments getting through to people now. I'm still waiting though!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.