Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am just curious on the food quality of catered accommodation
    or food in general around the uni if i were to chose a non- catered accommodation.

Because other then breakfast i am quite lazy to be cooking, having just finish serving the army.

ReputationRep:
    The food quality is pretty good, at least in Ta Med Da. I've used it quite a lot despite being in self-catered accomodation.

Honestly I would say I was put off catered because I didn't like the look of Penbryn as accomodation, but you can still get a loyalty card and top it up with money in self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiobhanC)
    The food quality is pretty good, at least in Ta Med Da. I've used it quite a lot despite being in self-catered accomodation.

Honestly I would say I was put off catered because I didn't like the look of Penbryn as accomodation, but you can still get a loyalty card and top it up with money in self-catered.
    I'm gonna get a loyalty card just for the red dragon days

ReputationRep:
    hahah well as long as the people living the penbryn is fun! im cool with it! afterall i survive 2 years of conscription so im quite alright with decent living condition
    how abt food around the campus? avg price and the ease of access! afterall if food is easy to get , no point being catered

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    From my experience the breakfast in TaMedDa is absolutely disgusting... but I also hate British breakfast stuff in general. The lunch and dinner is pretty good though, and they have vegetarian options, although I don't recall about vegan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boucy)
    hahah well as long as the people living the penbryn is fun! im cool with it! afterall i survive 2 years of conscription so im quite alright with decent living condition
    how abt food around the campus? avg price and the ease of access! afterall if food is easy to get , no point being catered

Thanks in advance
    What reg were you in? I left the Army at the end of 2009 and start Aber this Sep!

ReputationRep:
    TaMed Breakfasts are pretty decent! :P Apart from the egg, which neither looks or tastes like egg! The food is generally alright, but I don't go there much, I've heard from people who used to live in Penbryn that the food seems to get a bit boring after a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithsrail)
    What reg were you in? I left the Army at the end of 2009 and start Aber this Sep!
    haha i did not served in the british army but vocational wise i am from signal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Magician)
    TaMed Breakfasts are pretty decent! :P Apart from the egg, which neither looks or tastes like egg! The food is generally alright, but I don't go there much, I've heard from people who used to live in Penbryn that the food seems to get a bit boring after a while...

I lived in Penbryn last year, loved the breakfasts they were a GODSEND for hangovers if I was awake that early, can't say I ever got bored of the lunches / dinners as if I ever wanted a change I could just go to the cafe part & get a jacket potato / panini or sandwich or something.

Loved it so much I'm back in Penbryn next year! (Currently in America)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys ! you have cleared my doubts on the catered food

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.