Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English A2 Language Investigation coursework - word count? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just submitted my Language Investigation coursework and had it sent back to be told it's way over the word limit. I was under the impression only the actual Analysis is included in the word count, of which I have about 1900 words. My tutor is counting my Introduction, Methodology and the actual Data (which of course isn't mine) and the word count comes to 3500. I cannot cut down so much of my investigation as it will hardly make sense anymore! I want it just the way it is but now cannot be sure what is counted and what isn't. Could someone clarify? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The word count for the investigation including your intro, methods, aims, analysis, conclusions and evaulation is 3000 excluding data. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozzylove)
    The word count for the investigation including your intro, methods, aims, analysis, conclusions and evaulation is 3000 excluding data. Hope this helps.
    that is a complete lie, the word count for the investigation IN TOTAL needs to be between 1750-2500 and your media piece needs to be 700-1000 words... in TOTAL this unit should be 3500, after 3500 examiners just simply stop marking your work...

:-) please find the spec attached... my work here is done.
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...05-W-SP-10.PDF

ReputationRep:
    IS THERE ANYONE THERE??? My investigation in 3,200 - is that really bad??? My teacher said its fine but I'm a bit worried about it as I know it's over?!? Does anyone know how severely the exam penalize you for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aterax)
    I've just submitted my Language Investigation coursework and had it sent back to be told it's way over the word limit. I was under the impression only the actual Analysis is included in the word count, of which I have about 1900 words. My tutor is counting my Introduction, Methodology and the actual Data (which of course isn't mine) and the word count comes to 3500. I cannot cut down so much of my investigation as it will hardly make sense anymore! I want it just the way it is but now cannot be sure what is counted and what isn't. Could someone clarify? Thanks.
    Hi I know you posted this a while ago but hopefully your still on TSR, my word count is 3,200 and I'm just wondering if they would send mine back or not? Or lower my grade? I take it if its sent back you can change it and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Within those 2500 words we exclude quotes right?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's done this coursework,
    how much words on average should be in the
    -intro
    -methodology
    -analysis
    Like which one should I write the most in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiespe)
    Anyone who's done this coursework,
    how much words on average should be in the
    -intro
    -methodology
    -analysis
    Like which one should I write the most in?
    I'm so confused about the word count! Do quotes count towards it? Because if they do they will probably take up my whole word count hahaa

ReputationRep:
    you get 10% leniency

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if i can lie about research on the investigation? like make it up and make up where it came from?

ReputationRep:
    How long should my data be? I am comparing 2 speeches.. so 400 each? 300??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.