Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has anyone applied for the BBC Developer, Digital Media Graduate Scheme, 2011 start?

Have you heard anything back yet?

Andy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Andy - yes, I have. I recieved an e-mail the other day asking me to complete an online task. When did you apply? I applied right back in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjlewis)
    Hi Andy - yes, I have. I recieved an e-mail the other day asking me to complete an online task. When did you apply? I applied right back in January.
    ah cool, how was it? have you had anything back again?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied back in January too, and I got the online task a few weeks ago. I sent my answer off, and was told that they'd tell me the outcome within a week. BBC got back to me on Friday evening (I almost gave up hope ). I got an interview for 12th April.

@andyblake10 You only have a few days to do the online task, but try to send it off the day after you receive it, it may help. I'm not going to say what the task is (just in case BBC are looking around here...), but it's not a task of programming, only logic. Get familiar with pseudocode, use the wikipedia page to help you.

ReputationRep:
    @hxecute Good luck and keep us posted!
    I applied back in March, have heard nothing back, have emailed HR...

ReputationRep:
    By the way, the AC day consists of an interview, where they'll ask questions to do with your online task answer, a group exercise, and an inductive reasoning test.

My girlfriend applied for another BBC scheme last year, and it followed the same routine for the AC day.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I had my assessment center day on the 12th there were 10 of us altogether, and they said they would be taking 4. I heard mixed statements about there being another assessment day, but at the end of the day, I heard there would be another in May, so maybe they're not going to be taking all 4 from the first assessment day...

It was a pretty standard assessment day. We were all told to come at 9.45, and had a quick introduction. We were separated into 2 groups of five, and were given our schedule for the day. We had an hour and a half long group exercise, where we had to find the cause of a problem. This was done in the groups of five.

After this, my group had our interviews, and the questions were straightforward; Why BBC, Why this scheme, etc. We then had a short break where they supplied lunch for us. Daniel Dankar (head of Future Media and Technology) gave a presentation where we questioned him, it was quite a laid back session.

Then we had our inductive reasoning test, which was similar to the ones given online. We did this on paper.

We got a quick tour of the Blue Room at the BBC, which had every recent gadget imaginable, from On-Live to MS Surface, that was really cool

They said they'll contact us in a week to tell us if we've received a place on the scheme or not. I really hope I get this, the place was so cool!!!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my rejection email from them. I don't think I'll be receiving any feedback from them either about my assessment day

Guess it's time for me to make myself more employable and apply again next year...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Quick link:

Unanswered IT and technology threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.